Which Sections Have Afternoon Shade At Ys?

FootyLovin

No better obsession
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Feb 15, 2015
Sea Cliff NY
My friend wants to attend his first game against OCSC and wants shade. I know that's not my section. Anyone know where he should buy?

Can't say, but if he purchases a seat under an overhang, then he should be good to go.

Reactions: FootyLovin
My friend wants to attend his first game against OCSC and wants shade. I know that's not my section. Anyone know where he should buy?

The images below, from an app designed for photographers, show the position of the sun at approximate game start and end this coming Sunday. The thick yellow line shows where to look to see the sunrise that day if you're standing in the midle of YS. The thick orange line is sunset. The thinner orange line is where the sun is at roughly 2:30 and 4:30pm on the two images. Basically during the afternoon the sun moves behind the third-base side of the stadium so those seats are more likely to be in shade. The grey and blue lines are the moon.

IMG_4031.PNG IMG_4032.PNG

The first base line is pretty much the southern boundary, so those seats should get shade most of the day. The third base line is the western boundary, so they get sun in the early afternoon, with the shadows slowly creeping down the rows. I've sat on the 3rd base side for baseball games and roasted. The bleachers on both sides, I think, will be in sun the whole time.

My section, 213, and most of the sections around me were in the shade except for the first couple rows. By the end, 5pm, they were completely in the shade!