Why No News About The Season Tickets Sold By The Nycfc ?

They already did back in October. NYCFC announced that they sold more than 10,000 season tickets.

Reactions: LostAnvil
If sales were going at the rate they were a few months back, they'd be announcing it to keep the hype going.

I checked the site where you can buy season tickets and a lot of section are now dark green and selling tens of tickets rather than light green selling in the hundreds. Either NYC FC has set aside a lot of tickets for individual purchase or there were a couple thousand new season ticket holders.

I checked the site where you can buy season tickets and a lot of section are now dark green and selling tens of tickets rather than light green selling in the hundreds. Either NYC FC has set aside a lot of tickets for individual purchase or there were a couple thousand new season ticket holders.

Exactly, this is the reason for which I am sure that we hahe much more than 12k season tickets !!!

Wow, the map really has filled up since last I checked. Could they have sold that many tickets in such a short amount of time?

I mean they did add Mix and he's kinda pretty big. That could've brought in some season ticket holders

The team just put up a video today by Mix in which his first words are "Knowing that we already have 12,000 season ticket holders...." Obviously he was fed that number by the club.
http://www.nycfc.com/post/2015/01/22/mixs-message-founding-members?autoplay=true

So either (1) they haven't made much progress in a while, or (2) they have sold more but for some reason they are unwilling to acknowledge that.

Wow, the map really has filled up since last I checked. Could they have sold that many tickets in such a short amount of time?
I'm assuming they put those seats aside for group sales and the 9-games. No way my section went from 300+ available to around 60 in about 2 weeks.
Once you sell a group seats to one match, you can obviously no longer sell season tickets for those seats.

Last edited:
I'm assuming they put those seats aside for group sales and the 9-games. No way my section went from 300+ available to around 60 in about 2 weeks.

That's a very good point and the recent announcement of partial plans would certainly support that theory.

Just spoke to my rep about paying extra for a parking pass. No go unless legends seats. But he did let it slip that entire lower bowl is almost completely sold out including legends and they are approaching 13,000 season tickets sold.

Just spoke to my rep about paying extra for a parking pass. No go unless legends seats. But he did let it slip that entire lower bowl is almost completely sold out including legends and they are approaching 13,000 season tickets sold.
What is everyone's thoughts as for parking? My plan, for matches I don't take Metro North or other means, is to park at the mall. I've gone to Yankee games and I think it's $20, or if you get there a couple hours early, it goes by their hourly rate with a total $10 max. It's a relatively short walk plus you can do things at the mall, Applebee's always seems like a hit because they have more reasonable beer prices than the bars (not my kind of food though.)