Will this effect us? (Yankees Ticketing issue)

She said during the whole season.
She kept mentioning STH tickets are safe for Print & Mobile options.

Thanks for the clarification.
They need to put that on the official statement. Their reservoir of benefit-of-the-doubt has long since run dry with me. I have a call coming up and I'll see if I get the same story and what he says when I tell him that.

Thanks for the clarification.
They need to put that on the official statement. Their reservoir of benefit-of-the-doubt has long since run dry with me. I have a call coming up and I'll see if I get the same story and what he says when I tell him that.
Keep us in the loop

Today i felt like my girl cheated on me, or my best friend stole from me or probably worse. What these greedy bastards do with us fans is just crazy. If i have problems this year sharing any of my two paid seats with family i will not renew next year. Im f''n pissed.
I couldn't agree more.

TBH, I just typed out a 3 paragraph rant concerning professional sports in NYC, but I deleted it because it was becoming a TL;DR thingy.

To make it short and sweet, I enjoyed going out to the matches last season, because for the first time in years I was attending a sporting event in NYC where I didn't have that feeling of having my pockets picked or a shiv stuck up my ass.

Bottom line is that if the NYCFC experience turns into something similar to going out to Giants Stadium, the Garden, etc, I'll just stay home.

Oh, and as a PS (and because it can't be said enough) Fuck the Yankees. Fucking disgraceful that a multi-billion dollar operation is fighting over nickels and dimes with Stub Hub. Fucking disgraceful.

I logged in to my NYCFC account manager, which Ticketmaster runs I believe..... Through there I purchased the extra tickets....
There I have "access" to my season tickets and the extra ones....

"I think there will be more of a fan friendly resolution when the yankees start to play"

Nothing against you but that's not making anybody feel better, that's the Yankees problem. Us fans shouldn't have to be mistreated while they sort out their nonsense
So you should be fine. If you transfer the extras they can access via their cell phone.

Just got off the phone with Dan Steeves, the Director of Fan and Membership Services.
I'm as assuaged in my anger as I suppose is possible, which is to say enough to not want to fire my rep but everything else is still up in the air.
FWIW, he has assured me that Print at Home for existing STHs will remain in effect through the rest of the season including the last game in October. I told him that the website makes no such promise with the "While we work towards this solution," and "while we implement the policy" language. He repeated the assurance and said they have written what they are allowed to write and telling us on the phone what they are allowed to tell us. He understands why we look at what is written on the website and do not trust that the issue is resolved through the rest of the season. But he says it is.
He acknowledged this was poorly handled. He said it was not their decision to publish after 5pm Saturday less than 48 hours before the game. He said that when I spoke with my rep on Thursday things had not changed yet. Both of which raise more questions than answers but I know when he cannot tell me more.
He acknowledged that with the changes to acceptance of paper tickets, i.e. only some gates and only after pre-verification, that there has been changes even to the experience of STHs.
He said that the gates at which paper tickets get accepted could change over the course of the season.
He said/promised that this potential change in gates should/will be the only further changes existing STHs see this season. It sounded pretty close to a promise but I didn't push him to swear upon it.
I asked him about LeeNYCFC 's question about multiple passes on one phone and he said absolutely you have multiple tickets on a phone until and if you transfer some of them off. I didn't ask about JayH 's issue because it seems a little esoteric, hard to explain, and might be more a Ticketmaster issue. Sorry.

He said I can contact him with follow-up issues that people here raise the rest of the weekend. I'm willing to do that to some extent, but can't promise how much. Everything at my discretion and convenience.

I'm quite certain he personally reads the forums at least occasionally.

Just got off the phone with Dan Steeves, the Director of Fan and Membership Services.
I'm as assuaged in my anger as I suppose is possible, which is to say enough to not want to fire my rep but everything else is still up in the air.
FWIW, he has assured me that Print at Home for existing STHs will remain in effect through the rest of the season including the last game in October. I told him that the website makes no such promise with the "While we work towards this solution," and "while we implement the policy" language. He repeated the assurance and said they have written what they are allowed to write and telling us on the phone what they are allowed to tell us. He understands why we look at what is written on the website and do not trust that the issue is resolved through the rest of the season. But he says it is.
He acknowledged this was poorly handled. He said it was not their decision to publish after 5pm Saturday less than 48 hours before the game. He said that when I spoke with my rep on Thursday things had not changed yet. Both of which raise more questions than answers but I know when he cannot tell me more.
He acknowledged that with the changes to acceptance of paper tickets, i.e. only some gates and only after pre-verification, that there has been changes even to the experience of STHs.
He said that the gates at which paper tickets get accepted could change over the course of the season.
He said/promised that this potential change in gates should/will be the only further changes existing STHs see this season. It sounded pretty close to a promise but I didn't push him to swear upon it.
I asked him about LeeNYCFC 's question about multiple passes on one phone and he said absolutely you have multiple tickets on a phone until and if you transfer some of them off. I didn't ask about JayH 's issue because it seems a little esoteric, hard to explain, and might be more a Ticketmaster issue. Sorry.

He said I can contact him with follow-up issues that people here raise the rest of the weekend. I'm willing to do that to some extent, but can't promise how much. Everything at my discretion and convenience.

I love Dan Steeves [removed] He helped me with a bunch of issues last year so whatever he says it's pretty accurate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: adam
So let's say there is a game this year I can't make and I want to give my landscaper four seats for the match because he does a great job and I'm a nice guy. I print the four tickets for him from account manager.

Now do I have to explain to him that he needs to find a paper ticket verification point before going to the gate, or do I just give him the tickets and say "have a good time?"

Edit. More PC.

So let's say there is a game this year I can't make and I want to give my landscaper four seats for the match because he does a great job and I'm a nice guy. I print the four tickets for him from account manager.

Now do I have to learn enough Spanish to explain to him that he needs to find a paper ticket verification point before going to the gate, or do I just give him the tickets and say "have a good time?"

This is a serious question.

You should ask your rep. And it sounds like they may not know the answer for games later in the season yet. While of course I don't know, I would be very surprised if the ticket verification was located anywhere than at the front of the line right before the metal detectors.

Now do I have to learn enough Spanish to explain to him that he needs to find a paper ticket verification point before going to the gate, or do I just give him the tickets and say "have a good time?"

In all honesty I would just tell him to have a good time. If he doesn't go to the right area I am sure the ticket people will let him know which gate to go in. If you said anything you would make it seem to him that it's a hassle and he might not be as appreciative of the offer.

Reactions: Ulrich and NYC24

Wow! That post could totally be misconstrued in a PC world.

Wow! That post could totally be misconstrued in a PC world.

Yes it's insensitive to give someone free tickets and to want them to have a smooth game day experience.

The early consensus seems to be that paper ticket verification points are not confusing as hell? Because that's the only part of this that causes me any agita.

If it were clear that these verification points are just part of the normal line (perhaps it is?) I never would have bothered with my post.

Edit. Just perfecting my words.

OK so I just gave this a shot. Found the NYCFC account manager page on my iPhone, bookmarked it and logged in. All tickets for TFC loaded and I sent them to my Wallet since its easier to access them there than on the phone browser. Pretty easy actually.......:)

Reactions: Goodfella

Thanks for the recon work. I'm sure you handled it much more diplomatically than I would have today.

If we have Print at Home for STHs for the remainder of the season, is Stubhub sale still an option? I haven't had great luck with the Ticketmaster option to date.

Thanks for the recon work. I'm sure you handled it much more diplomatically than I would have today., as possible

If we have Print at Home for STHs for the remainder of the season, is Stubhub sale still an option? I haven't had great luck with the Ticketmaster option to date.
As long as print at home goes active early enough to upload your dreaded pdf, stubhub is an option. I would adjusted your in hand date to as close to scheduled game, (which i think might be 3 days) as possible; till NYCFC gains some credibility in when the print at home is available. I wouldn't want to sell a game and not be able to deliver the tickets.

Thanks for the recon work. I'm sure you handled it much more diplomatically than I would have today.

I'm pretty sure Rand Rand's answer covered it.

Reactions: doctorhoosier