World Cup 2022

poor japan. couldn't handle the pressure it seems. those PKs were terrible.

kinda hoping for a korea upset, but that seems very unlikely the way brazil have been playing this WC

poor japan. couldn't handle the pressure it seems. those PKs were terrible.

kinda hoping for a korea upset, but that seems very unlikely the way brazil have been playing this WC
Sad for Japan, they played so well. Two world cups in a row where they probably could have won and didn't, though I think this one's worse than the Belgium loss just because of the pens loss.

Brazil is going to hand it to Korea, i don't expect otherwise.

Reactions: JCMore and moogoo
Sad for Japan, they played so well. Two world cups in a row where they probably could have won and didn't, though I think this one's worse than the Belgium loss just because of the pens loss.

They did play really well. just weren't clinical in front of goal this game. Some really good chances that didn't go in and this is what happens. Game of fine margins!

Reactions: JCMore
Originally I was gonna write "Brazil is going to handle them within the first 15 minutes"... i didn't but I should have. lol

-edit- even mORE so with that penalty call LMAO

Reactions: Davo15
Originally I was gonna write "Brazil is going to handle them within the first 15 minutes"... i didn't but I should have. lol

-edit- even mORE so with that penalty call LMAO

How much of this Brazil are really good and how much is South Korea Suck? I'm prepared for the pundits to tell us Brazil are the greatest team the world has ever seen for the next several days after this only for them to lose to the first really strong opponent they face lol.

How much of this Brazil are really good and how much is South Korea Suck? I'm prepared for the pundits to tell us Brazil are the greatest team the world has ever seen for the next several days after this only for them to lose to the first really strong opponent they face lol.

Is there a place to check every single world cup result all time ever? I'd love to see round of 16 results sorted by goal difference.

That being said, I do think this brazil team is really good.

South Korea made it through in a group consisting of portugal, ghana, and uruguay. All of them not so easy teams.

And, scoring 4 in the first half of a world cup game - they just said that this is the first time ever brazil has done this. Surely they've played bad teams before but yet they've never managed it.

Idk if it’s been mentioned but I think Elfath has had a great World Cup. He was exceptional in the Croatia-Japan game. Really did a good job of not getting involved and kept the game flowing. Only 5 total minutes of added time for first and second half.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
Spain going out really makes France-England feel like it's for a place in the final...
Idk this Morocco team is legit. They’re defending together and have some promise in attack.
Pains me to say it but I think Brazil are favorites now. My croatia lacks any and all attacking threat.

Idk this Morocco team is legit. They’re defending together and have some promise in attack.
Pains me to say it but I think Brazil are favorites now. My croatia lacks any and all attacking threat.
idk, brazil hasn't had to play anyone good yet. Meanwhile Argentina had to face the mighty Australia, so I make them favorites.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
Portugal looked very good today. And I don't think it was a coincidence that Ronaldo was on the bench.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
Portugal looked very good today. And I don't think it was a coincidence that Ronaldo was on the bench.
He's just gotten so toxic. It's really a shame, too. He has enough left in the tank to go out on a high note, but instead he's leaving a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

Okay, that's a triple mixed metaphor. But whatever. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Kenny
They rotated heavily the game before even tho it was an important game for seeding. Rotated this one as well with him and Cancelo. I think the teams are realizing the importance of rest and rotation. Brazil has rotated the entire squad. Japan was as well which helped them press and run all game.
I see him starting next game. Didn’t look too much into him being on the bench.
Was it a must win? Yes, but they likely felt comfortable enough to rest some key players and bring them in if need be.

They rotated heavily the game before even tho it was an important game for seeding. Rotated this one as well with him and Cancelo. I think the teams are realizing the importance of rest and rotation. Brazil has rotated the entire squad. Japan was as well which helped them press and run all game.
I see him starting next game. Didn’t look too much into him being on the bench.
Was it a must win? Yes, but they likely felt comfortable enough to rest some key players and bring them in if need be.
regardless of why he was on the bench, I thought they played better without him. Like, MUCH better.

I'm probably jinxing France to a loss tomorrow but we could legit have a repeat final from 4 years ago now.

Brazil scores more than Croatia, but I gladly watch either one of them. That goes for all the teams still in it at this point. Just love it all.