World Cup 2022

Wilton Sampaio, from Brazil.
36FD4D4A-A5A8-4259-947F-71DC5B0FD5D8.jpeg
43F2AD03-4C46-4300-A429-C333B0D52A47.jpeg

Obviously these have already been fixed but they are amusing

I don't remember waht gfame it was, but there was a game a long time ago where the referee had the most dramatic point to the spot I've EVER seen. It was so ridiculous that everyone was talking about it. This guy's point to the spot was just about as dramatic, and it's always hilarious to see.

1670796373884.png

1670796391185.png

Predicting a 1-0 Croatia win tomorrow. I’m actually excited for this game. If we can go toe to toe with Brazil then Argentina shouldn’t be a problem.
I just don’t see a lot in them. Messi and who else? They have undersized defenders and goalie.
I’ve been pessimistic so far and it’s time to go into this one with confidence.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Predicting a 1-0 Croatia win tomorrow. I’m actually excited for this game. If we can go toe to toe with Brazil then Argentina shouldn’t be a problem.
I just don’t see a lot in them. Messi and who else? They have undersized defenders and goalie.
I'm all in on Croatia & Morocco, not that that is worth very much.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan

I have no connection to either, but have loved watching Messi for so long. So my heart wants Argentina to win, no matter what. This will definitely be a tight match.

Looking good for Messi and Argentina at half time but they did just blow a 2-0 lead in something like 10 minutes so a full half plenty of time for Croatia lol. Julian Alvarez has been the star so far today other than Messi, crazy that he's essentially Haaland's back up at City.

i think this is over. i thought croatia was solid defensively in the tournament and thats how they got into games. but man now they got to open up. even more space for argentina to strike in.

Yeah that was rough. We had control the first 25 minutes. Had better possession even.
I think the penalty could have gone either way. Even commentators said it’s a 50/50. Not upset it was called tho. The second goal.. poor corner leading to a counter with a comedy of errors.

Croatia has shown they can score when they have to. I think we play a similar game the first 15 and then open up after the 60th.

this seems like game over. but crazier things have happened! kinda hoping croatia at least scores 2 goals to make things interesting haha

Before the tournament I picked Argentina to win it all.

Last world cup I picked france to win it all before the tournament.

2 for 2 incoming?

From Grant’s wife:

An autopsy was performed by the New York City Medical Examiner’s Office. Grant died from the rupture of a slowly growing, undetected ascending aortic aneurysm with hemopericardium. The chest pressure he experienced shortly before his death may have represented the initial symptoms. No amount of CPR or shocks would have saved him. His death was unrelated to COVID. His death was unrelated to vaccination status. There was nothing nefarious about his death.

From Grant’s wife:

An autopsy was performed by the New York City Medical Examiner’s Office. Grant died from the rupture of a slowly growing, undetected ascending aortic aneurysm with hemopericardium. The chest pressure he experienced shortly before his death may have represented the initial symptoms. No amount of CPR or shocks would have saved him. His death was unrelated to COVID. His death was unrelated to vaccination status. There was nothing nefarious about his death.
This is immensely sad news, and should really remind us that we're all human and anything can happen, no matter what age.

Anyone know if there has ever been a 3rd place match featuring the two finalists from the prior World Cup?

ETA: Never mind. Found my own answer. Many times one of the teams. Never have both teams from the prior final met in the 3rd place match.

Last edited:
so... argentina v france final.

as much as i want messi to win, this will be a very tough matchup for them.

mbappe's pace and giroud's size are both big advantages over the argentine defense. if they can't keep those 2 under control, their only hope is to somehow outscore france. not sure that can happen. not with messi grabbing his left hammy last game. doesn't seem like he is 100%

I think (hope) France is there for the taking. England outplayed them in the quarters. While you can't say the same about today's game, Morocco were really tough, and France was fortunate on both their goals - a deflected shot settling on a friendly foot at the far post.

Argentina looked lethal in their game. France looked vulnerable.