Yankee Game

Trone

Registered
Apr 25, 2014
A poster on a previous thread came up with an idea and I am sorry for not remembering his screen name to give him his due but i thought it was a good idea. How about organizing a trip to a yankee game, we can get decked out in our NYCFC gear, try out a few chants and create some buzz. Who are those guys? who is NYCFC ? well, we gladly tell you and look how much fun we are having, you should join us in 2015. One of the best exposure ideas i have heard. Anyone up for it? I havent been to a yankee game in ages , this is assuming there is still an affordable seat somewhere in the stadium.

I agree it is a great idea. I have always felt that baseball needs a soccer atmosphere. However I think we need to be careful about alienating baseball fans so perhaps do a game at Yankee Stadium and one at Citi and support the home team.

I agree it is a great idea. I have always felt that baseball needs a soccer atmosphere. However I think we need to be careful about alienating baseball fans so perhaps do a game at Yankee Stadium and one at Citi and support the home team.
not my idea so if the person that came up with sees this please take credit but i agree it is a tremendous idea. We can do it at multiple places not just yankees. Would be a good way to practice the songs, chants etc too that way by the first game the organization is tight

not my idea so if the person that came up with sees this please take credit but i agree it is a tremendous idea. We can do it at multiple places not just yankees. Would be a good way to practice the songs, chants etc too that way by the first game the organization is tight
Yeah, i heard that the red bulls cross state line have plenty of seats over.. :)

First, I can't move this to the Supporters Section because it's used for Official SG business, so only they can post there. If any of the Board members want it posted there, we can make that happen.

Soccer culture and Baseball culture are vastly different. I've got a feeling if we were to sing/chant at a Yankees game we'd come off as rowdy trouble makers. If you want to be accepted by other groups you need to show them that we understand and accept their culture. Give them a reason to say "These FC guys are good to have around. They are respectful and they carry themselves with dignity."

You want to make a splash? Find a youth soccer game. Practice there. The kids would fucking love it. It would make them feel like superstars and it would make us look like we really care about supporting ALL LEVELS of play. Of course I'm not entirely serious about THIRD RAIL and the Cookie Brigade creating a wall of blue at a kids game, but [personally] I don't think Baseball is the right atmosphere.

I think it would be fun if we had a bar crawl the day of a Yankee game and then caught a game afterwards. But any chanting or singing or soccer related hijinx would not be greeted warmly and I guarantee it would cause some sort of trouble.
I go to about 40 games a year and fans get an attitude if you clap the wrong way. Trust me on this one.

I think it's a brilliant idea, and I think if we got 40 people to go, they'd let us sit in the left field bleachers, which are always the last seats to go... so we'd be separate from the stadium. The right field bleachers are the bleacher creatures who chant, bang, and sing too. It's fine.

Left field we'd be fairly isolated and it would be our actual seats for the games. It's a perfect idea. As long as we're not obscene, I think it's totally fine.

I also think its totally NOT fine to do that at a youth soccer game. We'll look like idiots and probably be thrown out.

I think it's a brilliant idea, and I think if we got 40 people to go, they'd let us sit in the left field bleachers, which are always the last seats to go... so we'd be separate from the stadium. The right field bleachers are the bleacher creatures who chant, bang, and sing too. It's fine.

Left field we'd be fairly isolated and it would be our actual seats for the games. It's a perfect idea. As long as we're not obscene, I think it's totally fine.

I also think its totally NOT fine to do that at a youth soccer game. We'll look like idiots and probably be thrown out.
To offer context:
"Of course I'm not entirely serious about THIRD RAIL and the Cookie Brigade creating a wall of blue at a kids game, but [personally] I don't think Baseball is the right atmosphere."

Getting that many seats together at a Yankees game would be really tough. But if you somehow managed to they wouldn't be more than $20 a ticket

Not something id really like to be part of.

I'm not opposed to getting a group together dressed in NYCFC gear and going to a game as a Yankees fan but I'm not keen on making noise and drawing attention to ourselves - that may not be as well received as you think.

There's a huge difference between Baseball fans and soccer fans and this should be respected. We can show our appreciation and support in so many other ways.

Like I said though I'd be really into going to a game with everyone, tailgate beforehand etc just not so keen on making it more about NYCFC than the Yankees at one of their own games!

That guy was me, I am proud to admit! :)

And I agree we should not just limit this to the Yankees, but could do it for any New York sports team. I think the impact would be best if it is rehearsed and very well orchestrated like some flash mob. Gotta go to the game with random casual jackets on, like some average joe spectators. And then at a specific time everyone opens their jackets and a Supporter Section clad in sky blue suddenly appears, the scarfs and flags come out, the block starts to sing New York chants and gives all out football style support for 5 minutes and then - stop! Everyone quiets down again, puts their jackets back on and a banner gets rolled out: "To be continued! NYCFC". Voilà!

:cool:

That guy was me, I am proud to admit! :)

And I agree we should not just limit this to the Yankees, but could do it for any New York sports team. I think the impact would be best if it is rehearsed and very well orchestrated like some flash mob. Gotta go to the game with random casual jackets on, like some average joe spectators. And then at a specific time everyone opens their jackets and a Supporter Section clad in sky blue suddenly appears, the scarfs and flags come out, the block starts to sing New York chants and gives all out football style support for 5 minutes and then - stop! Everyone quiets down again, puts their jackets back on and a banner gets rolled out: "To be continued! NYCFC". Voilà!

:cool:
i am a huge fan of this idea but it doesnt seem to be supported by many others unfortunately. Would certainly be effective in getting the word out

It's a good idea, especially sitting in LF Bleachers. Maybe find a game that is on an "off day" where attendance is expected to be low, contact the Yankees ticket office and explain you want to get a group set for the reason of helping promote NYC FC, they have a stake in the team and would welcome it.

Also, I am not a fan of doing anything "out of place", just having a group all dressed the same would do enough to promote the club.