Yaya Toure to set to come to NYCFC?

I see, so you don't care or know how to discuss points, you care to act like a middle school bully or troll. I don't appreciate your attempts to play me for a cheap joke.

Wack.

I challenge you to offer an actual response to my points, which I articulated in a mature, respectful manner instead of trying to cater to an audience who thinks this is a way to discuss things, by using memes meant to insult me (reminds me of the RealGM sport forums, where I don't waste my time on), which is odd given you don't even know me other than I said I want us to sign Yaya. That seems like an awfully small amount of info to take such a position towards someone else.
Your entire schtick is kind of a meme here. You’ve only ever posted on two topics: man city is great and Yaya Toure.

Excuse people for not granting you a shit load of latitude.

How about anyone coming from the PL ago MLS regardless of age or position that ended up succeeding here? I can only think of two - Beckham and Ridgewell

Americans not included
That depends on how you define it. Several guys who started here and came back have been solid (Espinoza, Kamara, and, okay, 2 is all I can think of).

Said it before, will continue to say it, we shouldn’t be shopping in England, period.

How about anyone coming from the PL ago MLS regardless of age or position that ended up succeeding here? I can only think of two - Beckham and Ridgewell

Americans not included

Robbie keane worked out pretty well and Henry was decent until the last few years. But yeah not a great track record. Then again we are all clearly incapable of grasping the trend transcending talents of Yaya.

https://www.nycfc.com/post/2017/11/15/news-yaya-toure-linked-nycfc

Just saw that Yaya may come in as a non-DP. Can't see how that works for Yaya unless we are paying him in celebratory desserts, but how does that change things for y'all?

I suppose it depends how much allocation money we'd be using to bring his salary down, which we would probably never know. If his budget charge was under 400K, no allocation money used, I could see myself getting excited about this. For a season.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Isn't there a rule against a sister club eating the salary of a loaned player? I remember they did something on this because of the DC United ownership structure

As a DP I think Yaya Toure is basically sentencing the team to mediocrity.

As a non DP player, I think it could be made to work. As long as we're not trying to shoehorn him into the starting XI because of his name a la Pirlo.

Reactions: NYCFC_JD and Kjbert
Isn't there a rule against a sister club eating the salary of a loaned player? I remember they did something on this because of the DC United ownership structure
I'm sort of afraid that the reason we can bring him as non-DP is that he'd be coming in July and we'd buy down half his salary so it's below the max budget charge. Then we find out in 2019 we are getting the full hit and losing a DP slot.

Has there been any more links since that one tweet? I see a lot of stories but they all seem to reference the same Jeff Reuter tweet. I'm hopeful it's nothing at this point since it hasn't really gained any more steam.

Reactions: Kjbert

Just saw that Yaya may come in as a non-DP. Can't see how that works for Yaya unless we are paying him in celebratory desserts, but how does that change things for y'all?

I suppose it depends how much allocation money we'd be using to bring his salary down, which we would probably never know. If his budget charge was under 400K, no allocation money used, I could see myself getting excited about this. For a season.
I am hands down against YaYa if its as a DP, IMO a complete waste.

I could perhaps be for it as a non-DP, as you noted, taking into consideration the amount of allocation money that we burn on it.

Fact: There are no mention of cronuts in MLS roster rules and regs.

As a non-DP, sure.

However, why are we making decisions about the summer transfer window today anyway? I don't want to lock up $500k in cap money to hold open a spot for a player we may or may not need. Say Villa goes down and we already "spent" our extra money on Yaya when we really should be targeting a summer striker.

I'm sort of afraid that the reason we can bring him as non-DP is that he'd be coming in July and we'd buy down half his salary so it's below the max budget charge. Then we find out in 2019 we are getting the full hit and losing a DP slot.
Well because he would hypotheticall arrive in July, NYCFC would only be responsible for half of his salary.

So if they were to pay him say 500k a year they'd only be on the hook for 250k the the remainder of the season. Could be an easy way to get veteran experience and leadership down the stretch.

Well because he would hypotheticall arrive in July, NYCFC would only be responsible for half of his salary.

So if they were to pay him say 500k a year they'd only be on the hook for 250k the the remainder of the season. Could be an easy way to get veteran experience and leadership down the stretch.
Yeah that's what I assumed would happen. But given his current salary I think we'd still be using AM to buy down half his salary (e.g. full salary 2M, half salary 1M, use 600K AM to buy down to below the max). But I'd be surprised if he came for just a half season so he'd be using a DP slot the next season. Which would be pretty horrible.

Reactions: adam
If it is as a non-DP I will happily be the conductor of the Yaya Toure hype train