Lampard Out Against Toronto

Not about us Americans. It's about the folks in England, Spain, Brazil, Asia and Africa who want to say Stevie G, Lampard, Villa or Kaka play.
OK, got it. Makes sense.

I think we are over valuing our current place as a league in world soccer. I would imagine the MLS allstar game is mostly just a giant spectacle to be laughed at or just ignored outside the US. Look at the American league filled with all the players that are too old to play in our leagues anymore. Look they are playing something called an All-Star game against the back ups of a team that finished mid table last year.

I think we are over valuing our current place as a league in world soccer. I would imagine the MLS allstar game is mostly just a giant spectacle to be laughed at or just ignored outside the US. Look at the American league filled with all the players that are too old to play in our leagues anymore. Look they are playing something called an All-Star game against the back ups of a team that finished mid table last year.
Unfortunately I agree with most of this ,maybe not laugh at but certainly most UK fans would have to interest.
The 4_4 game the other night although enjoyable really showed up the very poor standard of mls
What is surprising is if the standard of the league is so poor how come the national team is so good ?probably better than England

Unfortunately I agree with most of this ,maybe not laugh at but certainly most UK fans would have to interest.
The 4_4 game the other night although enjoyable really showed up the very poor standard of mls
What is surprising is if the standard of the league is so poor how come the national team is so good ?probably better than England
The league's not quite as bad as you're making it out to be, although it seriously needs improvement.

The top level of the league isn't the issue, anyway - each team in the league has two or three strong players who would play elsewhere and deserve an international look. It's the lack of mid-tier talent and serious depth due to the inefficient talent pipelines.

So by sheer numbers, we come up with enough players to have a top 20 national team. If they actually start doing something with the development pipeline, though, that's when they make the jump to a top 10 to top 5 national program.

The league's not quite as bad as you're making it out to be, although it seriously needs improvement.

The top level of the league isn't the issue, anyway - each team in the league has two or three strong players who would play elsewhere and deserve an international look. It's the lack of mid-tier talent and serious depth due to the inefficient talent pipelines.

So by sheer numbers, we come up with enough players to have a top 20 national team. If they actually start doing something with the development pipeline, though, that's when they make the jump to a top 10 to top 5 national program.
Maybe I'm spoilt being a seasonticket holder at city we get to see world class players week in week out and take it for granted.
Enjoy watching mls but haven't seen one player yet put his foot on the ball and pick a pass its either hit it long or go off on a dribble and loose it.hopefully this will be put right when frank and defiantly pirlo slow it down a bit ,villa must be licking his lips at the balls them pair will give him.

As a matter of interest what is USA national team ranking are they top 10 ? Must be above England surly ?

As a matter of interest what is USA national team ranking are they top 10 ? Must be above England surly ?
They were #27, just went down to #33 or so because we had friendlies in Europe and others were playing the Copa America last month.

They were #27, just went down to #33 or so because we had friendlies in Europe and others were playing the Copa America last month.
Honesty thought they would have been higher up than that.
FIFA rankings are punishing us because (to the most recent point of ranking) we've only played friendlies since the World Cup, and the World Cup fell off in terms of impact to FIFA ranking.

In the more accurate ELO ranking, the US is 14th and England is 8th.

If you think this is somehow a ploy masterminded by CFG I question your sanity. Injuries happen. It's part of th game. You're way too angry. Smoke a blunt, drink a beer & chill.
Just saw this.

The world needs sheep.

Tell that to the Brazilians and Chelsea and Liverpool fans that will watch