06/17 Away - Cosmos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't make the match and have 2 tix in 25a, message me directly if interested

Cosmo fans are just sad. I feel bad for them. They're just... pathetic.
raxgjt.gif

Don't know the official SGs plans. We're talking about the 6:08 out of Penn Station or the 5:51 (with transfer at Jamaica) to Mineola. Then either that cosmos van or cab. Drinks around Penn at 4-5. (Triple Crown maybe? We'll see).

I assume Third Rail putting on busses. This might be the best choice for many.

Also heard from a Cosmos source that the Cosmos "Barra Brava" group is vaguely threatening people traveling to the match. I know at least one of them from Metro, and he blah blah blahs a lot, so it's probably talk. Either way, folks traveling in colors shouldn't wander off between the train and the stadium.
I am bringing two young kids, sitting in section 2, across from our supporters. I was thinking this would be a 'safe' environment to do so given its at a smaller venue on LI. Can anyone who has actually been to a Cosmos game comment on this? Is this Barra Brava group a bunch of thugs? I was going to get them both team colors to wear but am now reconsidering this. I could totally see Nassau PD underestimating this and having way too little presence at this event.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
I am bringing two young kids, sitting in section 2, across from our supporters. I was thinking this would be a 'safe' environment to do so given its at a smaller venue on LI. Can anyone who has actually been to a Cosmos game comment on this? Is this Barra Brava group a bunch of thugs? I was going to get them both team colors to wear but am now reconsidering this. I could totally see Nassau PD underestimating this and having way too little presence at this event.
With 2 kids I can't imagine you having any trouble. If you were by yourself or with a friend maybe but I doubt even the creatures that are Cosmo fans would say or do anything to someone with kids.

Very possible we could lose this game. They are a decent side. Even odds we go home dissapointed. I am with T Tom in Fairfield CT - it's nothing to do with the Cosmos. I just want to make a run. With the reinforcements coming, if we can get to mid July, we will be deep enough to make a run.

With the new USOC format (regional pods), very good chance we play the Cosmos every year or every other year.

Reactions: Gavin23
Reactions: Kjbert
I've been to many games at Cosmos in the ancient, dark days prior to NYCFC. You will have no problems sitting where you are and with kids. I wouldn't necessarily thump your chest and throw beer at anyone wearing green. But otherwise you'll be fine. Be a good NYer and also keep aware if people are acting stupid (in blue or green) and steer your kids away. But I would say that for YS too. This should be no different.

I've been to many games at Cosmos in the ancient, dark days prior to NYCFC. You will have no problems sitting where you are and with kids. I wouldn't necessarily thump your chest and throw beer at anyone wearing green. But otherwise you'll be fine. Be a good NYer and also keep aware if people are acting stupid (in blue or green) and steer your kids away. But I would say that for YS too. This should be no different.
thanks for the reply. Separately, I have had a great experience thus far at Yankee Stadium sitting in Section 228. Looking forward to seeing The Third Rail make some noise on the road Wednesday night.

For those who can't attend the game in person, per the One World Sports website, they will be showing the game: http://www.oneworldsports.com/schedule?month=06&year=2015

Find out what channel One World Sports is on: http://www.oneworldsports.com/location/

Though it does not appear that Time Warner or Comcast carry this channel.

My Verizon Fios guide is showing that the game will be on at the scheduled match time. YES will have replays of it at 1pm on Thursday and 7am on Friday.

I didn't even know this channel existed, thank you!

Very possible we could lose this game. They are a decent side. Even odds we go home dissapointed. I am with T Tom in Fairfield CT - it's nothing to do with the Cosmos. I just want to make a run. With the reinforcements coming, if we can get to mid July, we will be deep enough to make a run.

With the new USOC format (regional pods), very good chance we play the Cosmos every year or every other year.
T Tom in Fairfield CT Oddly I almost think our last two wins might deflate this as a priority. It almost makes a point (or for the extreme optimists, 3) at Toronto seem doable. With that in mind and wanting to keep momentum going in the MLS competition, I wonder if the Cosmos game takes more of a back seat.

Reactions: Kjbert
T Tom in Fairfield CT Oddly I almost think our last two wins might deflate this as a priority. It almost makes a point (or for the extreme optimists, 3) at Toronto seem doable. With that in mind and wanting to keep momentum going in the MLS competition, I wonder if the Cosmos game takes more of a back seat.
I think they will take one of two tacks. They will play a lineup with Villa and Mix, with the eye of taking a big lead and subbing them out at the half. OR they will play a reserve lineup with Mix and Villa on the bench, and hope we can win without them, but available to sub if we are getting trashed. Brandt is apparently injured, so that leaves us with 3 healthy FBs and 3 healthy CBs, so we are going to play the defenders either way. We can afford to play Dunn, Alvarez and Velasquez in midfield. Forward is another Dilemma. Will nemec be back? I am sure Mullins will start, but by himself? This cup shows how crappy our roster construction is right now. The injuries and wasted spots (4GKs for a while) are hurting us.

Reactions: Paul and FootyLovin
I think Nemec is back and plays and starts now. Nemec could act as a caddy for Villa or vice versa.

Wingert moving to CB might make sense to save his legs. I would assume Jacobson plays the entire 90 again.

I'd like to see Poku start at forward. He looked good there as a sub last game.

At the 60' mark, we can sub in another midfielder for him if we are winning or sub in Villa for him if we are losing.

I'd play Nemec up there as well, just because we probably won't need him against Toronto. Or you could go with Mullins for another 90, and Nemec this weekend.

For those attending:

NYCFC will be running 3 shuttle buses from the nearest LIRR station in a constant loop starting at around 430PM.

NYCFC supporters will only be permitted to enter Gate F.

Cosmos staff would like all NYCFC supporters to be at the stadiu. By 7 and in their seats by 715PM.

The away section will have dedicated security.

They will not allow flag poles, megaphones, noisemakers or pyro of any sort. Banners, flags and tifo of any size are permitted.

There is NO alchohol in the stadium. There is one beer garden outside. All alchohol must be consumed within the beer garden. No exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.