2016 Home/away Jersey Wishlist

I keep getting more and more psyched about this team. I am over lampardgate, but I still cannot get over the lame Man City home kit ownership selected. With the Chivas debacle and all the promises about this being a NY team for NY, the last thing I would have expected is a Man City home kit replica. And don't tell me it's different. I do not care. You look at it and it reminds you of Man City - not of NY... It just shows that CFG feels NYCFC is a second class team to expand the Man City brand in the US. It is total BS and something has to be done to get a unique identity for our team. I am shocked that after being ridiculed in the press and some negative comments in social media, everyone is just going along with this crap. MAKE SOME NOISE!!!

Reactions: PatrickRivera
I keep getting more and more psyched about this team. I am over lampardgate, but I still cannot get over the lame Man City home kit ownership selected. With the Chivas debacle and all the promises about this being a NY team for NY, the last thing I would have expected is a Man City home kit replica. And don't tell me it's different. I do not care. You look at it and it reminds you of Man City - not of NY... It just shows that CFG feels NYCFC is a second class team to expand the Man City brand in the US. It is total BS and something has to be done to get a unique identity for our team. I am shocked that after being ridiculed in the press and some negative comments in social media, everyone is just going along with this crap. MAKE SOME NOISE!!!
Fucking A Man! We need a home kit as unique as New York City itself, not some Man Citeh clone kit

Home kit will be unchanged for 2016; we will get new Away kit only. We would then get new home kit in 2017 and Away kit would carry over. that's how MLS does it

Sky blue is my favorite color large reason I picked Man City and Marseille to support to begin with guess I'm lucky because if you think as long as CFG own us that there will ever be any significant changes to the home kit there's a bridge just over in Brooklyn that might be on the market.

Add a white collar, please.
Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope.

Sorry, but no thanks.

Sky blue is my favorite color large reason I picked Man City and Marseille to support to begin with guess I'm lucky because if you think as long as CFG own us that there will ever be any significant changes to the home kit there's a bridge just over in Brooklyn that might be on the market.

Really, you picked your team by color?

Reactions: leilanikali420
I've really dislike the away kit. The only thing I ever appreciated about it was that it was a departure from the Man City look. But I think it's ugly and besides their record isn't very good in it (one win I think - Montreal). The orange wedge and glossy black stripes are bad.

The color scheme allows for a lot of variation. For a departure from the blue/white Man City look they could try blue/orange (this obviously isn't for everyone but I love it):

olympique-marseille-2014-2015-adidas-fourth-kit-1.jpg

And I think naturally they should be looking to the Dutch as an example of what's possible with the colors:

2Holland.jpg

The primary jersey isn't changing at all, except for the fact that they should be removing the inaugural season patch on authentic jerseys. The secondary jersey will be dark blue. The adidas 2016 MLS look book

http://skyscraperblues.com/2015/06/01/is-nycfc-getting-a-new-away-kit-in-2016/

We also know what the away crest will look like: Dark blue, sky blue, and orange. The short are dark blue with sky blue adidas stripes.
MLS-S16-AUTHENTIC-INLINE-6-300x600.jpg

I wouldn't change a thing.

Like a lot of people, I was somewhat disappointed in the home jersey when it was released, but TBH it's grown on me since the season started. Yes, I'm biased, but I do believe the home kit is one of the best in MLS.

As an American with zero English blood or relations left living in Europe there should be some more compelling reason ? Saw the kit in a soccer shop in the mid 90's bought it because I liked how it looked lazer blue with brother sponsorship at the time. Was heavy into Brit pop and found out they were oasis' team and I already hated man u as the glory hunters choice of the day. Been to Manchester since but NYC mean infinitley more to me already since hey New York.

Really, you picked your team by color?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Yeah? Why don't you enlighten us then ?

Okay, so for example - I have lived in New York my whole life, but I've been a GB Packers fan since I was old enough to fit in a starter jacket because Brett Favre was my idol. Not because they wore green.

Yeah? Why don't you enlighten us then ?

Favorite player, favorite City that you visited, maybe 1 of your friends teams so you started watching and got hooked.
Maybe the team was doing good when you started watching.
On the other hand, my wife picks her derby entry by the color or logo on the silks.

Reactions: Tony L
Never been outside of the states in the mid 90's when I got into football. Wouldn't want to glory hunt by just picking someone successful and no friends or relatives overseas at that point either. Wouldn't want to go by a player as players generally more likely to change on you and end up on a different team the next season than the team to completely change their colors. Literally didn't know who's Kit it was when I bought my first City shirt just liked the way it looked and then shortly found out it was Oasis' team in the height of the Brit pop error and I was a hardcore Brit pop fan. Might be an odd way to do it to some of you but I've stuck with them since and even been to Manchester so it worked for me.

Never been outside of the states in the mid 90's when I got into football. Wouldn't want to glory hunt by just picking someone successful and no friends or relatives overseas at that point either. Wouldn't want to go by a player as players generally more likely to change on you and end up on a different team the next season than the team to completely change their colors. Literally didn't know who's Kit it was when I bought my first City shirt just liked the way it looked and then shortly found out it was Oasis' team in the height of the Brit pop error and I was a hardcore Brit pop fan. Might be an odd way to do it to some of you but I've stuck with them since and even been to Manchester so it worked for me.

Funny how ever generation since the early 60s lived through a Brit Pop era