2016 Jersey Thread

If sales are bad enough, I hope they keep the home kit for 3 years and change up the away kit again next year.

Jeez, we need an identity. This shit ain't helping.
our identity is a sky blue home kit, that will be the constant. and I've gotten used to it

Reactions: Paul
Reaction to this secondary jersey
QO095dd.jpg

I kind of like it...a lot.

Many complain about cookie cutter designs so they go outside the box and many are mad. Fashion is subjective anyway, ultimately it's about how it makes you feel. Sometimes you will dig it and sometimes it misses.

For me I like the colors used, and I appreciate the attempt at the design. Is it perfect? No. Is is better than a boring navy jersey with no accents? Yes.

Also, it's far better than having charging red bulls on your shirt.

So you'd rather have a target on your shirt for the charging bull to aim at?

I like the home kit. I wish there was *something* unique about it, but I like that it's clean.
Same here. I recall after the unveiling being somewhat meh about the home kit. I didn't hate it, but I didn't care for it much either. I was a bit disappointed, because I felt the organization could have done something to make it a little more unique.

In all honesty, as the year went on the home jersey grew on me and I quite honestly felt (with the white shorts) we had one of the best in MLS.

As I said, I think the jersey with the orange crest and lesser circles works. The one with more circles and the original NYCFC crest is a disaster and there's no going back on that one.

As I said, I think the jersey with the orange crest and lesser circles works. The one with more circles and the original NYCFC crest is a disaster and there's no going back on that one.

My issue is that the designers are acting like they have nothing to draw on. Some people are defending this jersey as "bold" and like that they're taking a chance. But there's a difference between being bold and being random.

Last year's black jersey they had those weird glossy angled stripes. Fine, whatever. This year, we have strange looking circles. My question to the designers is "why?" What about New York led you to think a circle pattern would work? What inspired you?

New York has loads of culture to draw on. So many iconic fonts, design styles and patterns, etc. It's all been ignored when designing our branding.

Pinstripes. Subtle art deco patterning. The Statue of Liberty's crown.

I don't know, I'm not a designer. But this jersey has zero stylistic connection to the city, and my only conclusion is that they didn't even try to make one.

EDIT: For example, this would be a "bold" but reasonable pattern on a jersey: http://www.museumofthecity.org/wp-c...ork-city-art-mural-graffiti_33596_990x742.jpg

(I'd hate it, but I'd understand why they're trying it.)

Last edited:
ADIDAS REP: Mr. Pirlo, here is our new away kit.
PIRLO: What is this shit?
ADIDAS REP: Trust me, it looks better on...
PIRLO: On what? On fire?
VILLA: En Fuego! Si!

I like this game!
Jon+Patricof+jQ-_qUB_hJdm.jpg
NYCFC INTERN: Hi Mr. Particof
PARTICOF: Hey intern who's name I can never remember, what did you see reading through all the forum posts today?
NYCFC INTERN: Well sir, there was a lot of traffic on the jersey thread, someone got a hold of a leaked image and...
PARTICOF: Really??? What was the reaction like? Are they excited?
NYCFC INTERN: Um, sir...
PARTICOF: Come on, tell me. What were they saying, any good adjectives used we can put in the press release?
NYCFC INTERN: They used the word fire a lot.
PARTICOF: I knew that design was hot! Double the order, we can't sell out so quickly this year!!!
NYCFC INTERN: You got it boss. (slowly creeps back out the office door)

Many complain about cookie cutter designs so they go outside the box and many are mad. Fashion is subjective anyway, ultimately it's about how it makes you feel. Sometimes you will dig it and sometimes it misses.

For me I like the colors used, and I appreciate the attempt at the design. Is it perfect? No. Is is better than a boring navy jersey with no accents? Yes.

That's like asking, "Do you want me to kick you in the face before crushing your nuts, or should I just dispel with the suspense and crush your nuts?"

Reactions: Konrad and BxLio91
This jersey is like going to the dentist. I don't want to buy it, but I'll buy it anyway.

This is just Adidas seeing how ridiculous we as fans are that we'll buy anything NYCFC.

Why couldn't they have a different logo on the bottom? We already have the NYC crest in the badge. Do something different.

Hopefully this is Adidas saying "fuck it, we're out" and will not bid to renew their contract in 2018.

This jersey is like going to the dentist. I don't want to buy it, but I'll buy it anyway.

This is just Adidas seeing how ridiculous we as fans are that we'll buy anything NYCFC.

Why couldn't they have a different logo on the bottom? We already have the NYC crest in the badge. Do something different.

Hopefully this is Adidas saying "fuck it, we're out" and will not bid to renew their contract in 2018.
Unfortunately, me and my daughter at least, will prompt them to have to dig deeper, because we will inevitably buy this.

Rumor has it they may wear these at home to eliminate any poor sightlines at Yankee Stadium. How is that for ingenuity?!?

You just like it because your Grabavoy jersey won't be the worst thing in the stadium this year ;)