2016 Jersey Thread

By the way, as a Bundesliga geek I immediately thought the #WeAreOnion kit looks oddly familiar. So I went through the archives in the library of my mind palace and yepp, there it was, Eintracht Frankfurt's been through it too.
eintracht-frankfurt-trikot-3rd-201112-specials-bundesliga-eintracht-frankfurt-trikots-20112012-ov05239-d.jpg.jpg

Eintracht-Frankfurt-Trikot-Auswaerts-Saison-2011-2012.jpg

Yet somehow Adidas managed to make it worse.

That's at least the third flag-inspired kit (Chicago, New England) and I think they're all ugly.

I would evaluate some of these 'funky' kits differently if they were third kits. Primary and Secondary kits are like album tracks. Third kits are like b-sides. B-sides can stray a bit and still be good but that doesn't mean they belong on the album

Great news. We don't have the ugliest jersey this year!

columbus-crew-2016-away-kit-2.jpg
If they had color-coordinated the trim - black maybe - rather than using colors not found in the team, then the jersey would have been ok. But this is just..... uh..... like the blind date that you wish you were too busy for.

-edit- just noticed the colors are part of the flag at the bottom..... doesn't excuse the colorblindness.

Reactions: Gene and gbservis
When things like this jersey abomination happen in large organizations I always have the same questions:

1. How many people approved it, do they have a crappy vetting process with few reviewers or is the whole organization some how clueless?
2. Assuming a lot of people are looking at it do most of them start out disliking it just as the majority of us have and then some how they talk themselves into it?

Remember, the forums' consensus usually is the correct one, but, as we have learned, it also usually is not representative of the general fan base's consensus (see, for example, forums' Lampard hate vs. fan base's Lampard love). Watch this jersey become a best-seller.

On a positive side, the preview pictures have all looked pretty cool.

Imagine if we hadn't seen the leaks? Based on this picture we would all be drooling over a dark blue with orange and light blue trim jersey. Only to be punched in the uteruses when we saw the seizure inducer they are about to unveil.

My son likes it though, so I will get a kids size. I think we are not the target demographic for this jersey. MLS wants to hook the kids in.