2016 Jersey Thread

Who is this?

Gw2uw5m.jpg

Connor Benchwarmer Brandt, our (4th?) string leftback. Was on the team last year but I think he was injured.

Yeah I don't think we have to worry about being the kit laughingstock of the league now that I've seen the full Columbus kit... WHY would they mess with their colors? Black/yellow is one of my favorite combos. Imagine BVB came out with a kit like that? Almost can't believe it... It's like they were trying to field the ugliest thing anyone has ever seen.
I think the shirts in and of themselves aren't bad. The red Adidas stripes do bring it down quite a bit though. But I'll agree that doing away with the black and yellow is a bit tragic. And then you throw in the blue shorts... That's the unfortunate finishing touch.

Reactions: Ulrich and adam
whats the difference between the replica and authentic versions?

Who is this? EDIT Connor Brandt

Gw2uw5m.jpg

I just realized what this shirt reminds me of! The style is very juvenile, 90's, and exhibits energy in a wacky way. Like this:

Btw, this video would make a great NYCFC parody.

whats the difference between the replica and authentic versions?
Authentic is the player version. Slightly different material and has all the bells and whistles. Fits a size smaller.

Replica won't have a bunch of things the authentic has. Different badge, no jock tag, different MLS badge material, only one MLS badge, different stripe material, no "breathable" back, etc.

EDIT:
Made this. You can see some differences.

GklDKvl.jpg

Last edited:
This thing is really disgusting. It fits right in with the 1996 MLS jerseys.

And I see alot of atleast Columbus is ugly too, atleast they messed up using their flag. We're going with "Radiant graphic elements celebrating the energy of NYC"

How do people get paid to design and write this nonsense?

The hideous circles are meant to create vertigo in our opponents. Since we suck so bad, it's the only way we can win. With that being said, thanks MLS, ADIDAS and NYCFC for saving me $90 this season.

Its meant to hypnotize our oppennets... They get distracted during the game and we just sneak in a few harmless goals.