2017 Forum H2H League & Pigeon Cup

If we did 3 divisions: High priced, Entry Priced and Free. What would you like to pay?

• $100 - high priced

• $75 - high priced

• $50 - high priced

• $25 - entry priced

• $20 - entry priced

• Free - lower division

Results are only viewable after voting.
Count me in. I'll elect for the entry level $25 division.

I also echo the need for user friendly app. Would make everything so much more convenient and enjoyable.

Just also indicate on the poll please. That way we have a rough tally of where we are numbers wise for each division. Thanks.

Also, Adam and I are getting right on these requests for a forum-specific app to access the MLS fantasy game.

That's actually not a bad idea. If the MLS won't do it, any tech savvy people know if it's possible to build an app that feeds off their site? Stick a little add bar on top and you got magic!

I'm in for any and all divisions and prices.

As far as an app, I had luck saving a shortcut to the page on my home screen. Essentially acted as an app.

Fred Jr. In at the lowest price to play.

I'm in for any and all divisions and prices.

As far as an app, I had luck saving a shortcut to the page on my home screen. Essentially acted as an app.

Fred Jr. In at the lowest price to play.

You want to play in multiple divisions?

I'd be happy to if it helps get things going.

I never thought of that as an option. I don't see why you can't other then if one of your teams gets promoted/relegated into the same league next year. I'm sure I can Garber a new rule for that if the scenario presented itself.

But also understand, the way MLS fantasy is set up, you'd be using the same lineup for all your leagues.

I never thought of that as an option. I don't see why you can't other then if one of your teams gets promoted/relegated into the same league next year. I'm sure I can Garber a new rule for that if the scenario presented itself.

But also understand, the way MLS fantasy is set up, you'd be using the same lineup for all your leagues.
We should be able to fill 20. Maybe create a temp thread in Supporters with an open casting call directing to this link since most people may miss the thread. You may get accosted by the thread police, but it could do the trick.

We should be able to fill 20. Maybe create a temp thread in Supporters with an open casting call directing to this link since most people may miss the thread. You may get accosted by the thread police, but it could do the trick.

We're not really going for 20. More like 10 10 10. But any league w minimum 10 can have up to 20 based on popularity. Based on poll aboive we have 8 ($50) 4 ($25) 1 (free - Fred jr not listed). Unless we get 10 for $100, we'll combine to the lowest popular amount not to force anyone into paying more then they are comfortable.

I like the link idea. NYCFC_Dan is that kosher?

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan and JayH
The only potential issue I see with the two leagues with varying entry fees is the following scenario:

Team A wants to play fantasy but does not want to spend a lot of money for it. So they go into the lower league with the lower entry fee. Team A wins the lower league and receives winnings, which are used to be promoted to the top league with the higher entry fee (assuming that is what is done with the winnings).

Next season, Team A finishes middle of the table in the top league, does not receive any winnings, and is not relegated to the lower league. Team A then has to pay the larger entry fee the following season to stay in the top league.

Perhaps there is a way to finagle around this, and honestly if this happened to me, I would probably just suck it up. But I could see this potentially happening.

The only potential issue I see with the two leagues with varying entry fees is the following scenario:

Team A wants to play fantasy but does not want to spend a lot of money for it. So they go into the lower league with the lower entry fee. Team A wins the lower league and receives winnings, which are used to be promoted to the top league with the higher entry fee (assuming that is what is done with the winnings).

Next season, Team A finishes middle of the table in the top league, does not receive any winnings, and is not relegated to the lower league. Team A then has to pay the larger entry fee the following season to stay in the top league.

Perhaps there is a way to finagle around this, and honestly if this happened to me, I would probably just suck it up. But I could see this potentially happening.

The way I see it, once we set this up the teams have to earn their way into the higher leagues. But it's not mandatory. joe joe is a good example. He won the Pigeon Cup last season and a good sum on money. He chose not to re-invest and play in the $25 league this season. That's his choice. If someone else felt the same, I'd probably just offer promotion to the next in line in the standings. Moreover, if someone didn't get relegated and wanted to move down a notch, they can do that.

This is the only season you can just buy into the top league (so take advantage). After this season, you'll have to play your way in from a lower league.

The real question, and I'm happy to hear opinions on this: if you earn your way to the top and don't want to play. Can you sell your spot to someone else?

Reactions: Jack and SoupInNYC
The way I see it, once we set this up the teams have to earn their way into the higher leagues. But it's not mandatory. joe joe is a good example. He won the Pigeon Cup last season and a good sum on money. He chose not to re-invest and play in the $25 league this season. That's his choice. If someone else felt the same, I'd probably just offer promotion to the next in line in the standings. Moreover, if someone didn't get relegated and wanted to move down a notch, they can do that.

This is the only season you can just buy into the top league (so take advantage). After this season, you'll have to play your way in from a lower league.

The real question, and I'm happy to hear opinions on this: if you earn your way to the top and don't want to play. Can you sell your spot to someone else?
Thinking about joining the lower league, but my idea would be that if you don't want the spot, it should go to next in line. Seems unfair to give that spot to anyone you choose if you don't want to be promoted.

I'll be in for any $ level. If you don't have room, no problem. Don't try to fit me in if there is no room. I'll play Fantasy with/without monetary incentive.

I'll be in for any $ level. If you don't have room, no problem. Don't try to fit me in if there is no room. I'll play Fantasy with/without monetary incentive.

haha, we got room! Look at the poll above. Just let us know what you'd rather spend. It also gives us a rough idea of how many more signups we need to fill the league. Thanks

Understood. Any other team will stay where it is. Only if needed - happy to do it.

Reactions: adam
Understood. Any other team will stay where it is. Only if needed - happy to do it.

Thanks. Maybe I'll do it too. Always wanted to own a franchise AND an affiliate.

Why can't I see who voted what? I want to play against the dumb money.

Why can't I see who voted what? I want to play against the dumb money.

I know you're kidding. But I didn't want anyone's vote to be seen, as not to embarrass anyone if they made their choice for Finacial reasons. But we are talking about $50-$25 differences here, I think it's more about are people comfortable gambling rather then can they afford to play. Personally, I chose $50. I'd rather do $100 but saw a good amount of $50 votes and didn't want to have the $50s pushed aside. So that's where you can find me and I suck.

PS if we get enough votes maybe we do a $25, $50 and $100 league...