2017 Forum H2H League & Pigeon Cup

If we did 3 divisions: High priced, Entry Priced and Free. What would you like to pay?

• $100 - high priced

• $75 - high priced

• $50 - high priced

• $25 - entry priced

• $20 - entry priced

• Free - lower division

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why so bad? It's like they intentionally made it so it was as painful as possible.

I agree. And the stats and sorting is horrendous. Also, no app. It's just begging for some competition. Think those bright kids who work for you want to build a proper MLS fantasy site?

With odd members in a H2H league, the person that doesn't have an opponent will play against the average score.

Reactions: adam
With odd members in a H2H league, the person that doesn't have an opponent will play against the average score.

That is correct. Why I locked us up at 14. AVG is an asshole. Hate that guy. Won't let him in my leagues anymore.

That is correct. Why I locked us up at 14. AVG is an asshole. Hate that guy. Won't let him in my leagues anymore.

We must know two different people named Average. The guy I know is okay, but he's not that great once you get to know him.

I agree. And the stats and sorting is horrendous. Also, no app. It's just begging for some competition. Think those bright kids who work for you want to build a proper MLS fantasy site?

Work for me? I think we all work for them.

And it has occurred to me to do something on that front, actually. But we don't have the bandwidth right now. Between real work and Uncle Chang blowing up the web and making sure Reddit stays read, I'd probably have to pay someone.

I will get the refunds out for Donot league between now and the end of the weekend.

Mmmm. Donuts
giphy.gif

Work for me? I think we all work for them.

And it has occurred to me to do something on that front, actually. But we don't have the bandwidth right now. Between real work and Uncle Chang blowing up the web and making sure Reddit stays read, I'd probably have to pay someone.
How about some of us put our heads together to see if we can exploit some edges on DraftKings daily MLS tournies? If we are putting in the work already, maybe there is $ to be made. Even better if we can get some smart guys to help with some algos. I haven't played the MLS events on there, so I am not sure of the breakdown of casuals v. experts. I would suspect that there are a lot of casual fish, so it may be interesting.

If one more person wants to join the Elite Donor League, then I would like to hop in.

How about some of us put our heads together to see if we can exploit some edges on DraftKings daily MLS tournies? If we are putting in the work already, maybe there is $ to be made. Even better if we can get some smart guys to help with some algos. I haven't played the MLS events on there, so I am not sure of the breakdown of casuals v. experts. I would suspect that there are a lot of casual fish, so it may be interesting.

There's someone in the office that's a big DraftKings player. I built him a team for the Saturday games. He's complained that the winnings are really low. $3 entry with a maximum win of $250. Let's see how he does.

Reactions: SoupInNYC and JayH
I think you're right about the casual v expert thing, but am guessing there's too much randomness (or maybe not enough good data) to get a good algorithm.

Reactions: JayH and adam
There's someone in the office that's a big DraftKings player. I built him a team for the Saturday games. He's complained that the winnings are really low. $3 entry with a maximum win of $250. Let's see how he does.
They have a bunch more options for mid and higher stakes, though mostly smaller capped tournaments (for example, $100 entry 11 player, even some with +$1k entries, and lots of heads up options). If I remember, I will try to enter a few of the mid stakes ones this weekend to gauge.

Hey guys, NYCFC fan living near Chicago. I know this is late (day before the MLS fantasy season starts) but that's how I like to do it. Anyways, is there still a spot in the Elite Donor $75 league? I've already joined the supporter free league.

Also, no prize breakdown has been established as of yet right? Sorry if I missed it. I tried to skim over the entire thread.

gem779 gem779 & SoupInNYC SoupInNYC im going to PM the both of you so you can join together and make the league 16.

mgarbowski mgarbowski is in charge of collections and payouts. I'm sure he's waiting to see how many teams we have before he uses some complicated algorithm none of us understand.

Hey guys, NYCFC fan living near Chicago. I know this is late (day before the MLS fantasy season starts) but that's how I like to do it. Anyways, is there still a spot in the Elite Donor $75 league? I've already joined the supporter free league.

Also, no prize breakdown has been established as of yet right? Sorry if I missed it. I tried to skim over the entire thread.

Oh and since that was your first post ever, we may have to institute a ringer rule for you. Or, you can continue to contribute and we'll realize your one of us who was just lurking and created an account today....

giphy.gif

Oh and since that was your first post ever, we may have to institute a ringer rule for you. Or, you can continue to contribute and we'll realize your one of us who was just lurking and created an account today....

giphy.gif

New Gifs!

Yeah, -10 points per match...

His reply...
giphy.gif

I just wanted to use the gif

giphy.gif
Oh wow, ok. Mostly a big podcast listener but I do check the forums from time to time although I haven't ever opened up an account to post. I was in the NYCFC FORUMS league last year and finished just outside the prize pool. I also now have a picture (from my Etihad Stadium tour last year) and a 2nd post :D

Reactions: JayH and adam
Oh wow, ok. Mostly a big podcast listener but I do check the forums from time to time although I haven't ever opened up an account to post. I was in the NYCFC FORUMS league last year and finished just outside the prize pool. I also now have a picture (from my Etihad Stadium tour last year) and a 2nd post :D

Welcome to the Forums. Don't let Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan scare you away. He's really a big softie. Actually, no he's not. But still don't let him scare you.

Reactions: Schwallacus
So 16 entries * $75 = $1200

Suggested Winnings...
1st: 800
2nd: 400
3rd: 250
4th: 150