2018 Offseason Thread

Did anyone else watch the City - Shaktur game? I feel like Yaya has now proven that he's completely shot as a soccer player. I don't want him on the team, bringing him over would be a massive mistake and proof that the team cares more about old names than actually winning.

Did anyone else watch the City - Shaktur game? I feel like Yaya has now proven that he's completely shot as a soccer player. I don't want him on the team, bringing him over would be a massive mistake and proof that the team cares more about old names than actually winning.
Only now? Come on, you knew that before now. You just want to bitch about it even being mentioned again.

Let me add to that, I get so pissed that at the MLS talking heads' trope of, "oh, NYCFC going for old guys - lololololol." Meanwhile, despite not having an academy, we have to be near the top in giving minutes to u20 players. Gag me.

But if that signing were to happen, I guess there would be no room to bitch at the continued insult.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
The flight is a few hours longer from LA than New York. So who knows what they have planned.

i guess pre season training there plus a couple of games....then fly back to LA region and start friendlies here ( so far no pre season cup participation) the galaxy game is still eaerly february so it may be first game back

Reactions: adam
kinda far from Abu Dhabi to LA

What do you notice in the top right corner of the advertisement for the game in LA? Preseason 2018 presented by Etihad Airways. This preseason tour is just another piece of marketing for the airline as is all preseason tours by CFG clubs. NYCFC will take an Etihad flight from Abu Dhabi to LAX. There's going to be a video about it for promotional reasons displayed on multiple social media accounts by CFG/Etihad.
upload_2017-12-8_12-4-8.png

What do you notice in the top right corner of the advertisement for the game in LA? Preseason 2018 presented by Etihad Airways. This preseason tour is just another piece of marketing for the airline as is all preseason tours by CFG clubs. NYCFC will take an Etihad flight from Abu Dhabi to LAX. There's going to be a video about it for promotional reasons displayed on multiple social media accounts by CFG/Etihad.
View attachment 7766

as long as its charter flights we good.

Reactions: Kjbert
If discretionary TAM was available in 2015, who is our starting Goalkeeper the last two years?

Can confirm that JLew's trip to Abu Dhabi is only for vacation purposes.

We're not going to Abu Dhabi for preseason.
I wouldn't rule it out just yet, there's a rumor they're going to Abu Dhabi in the second week of January. (unrelated to what JLew said)

Reactions: Kjbert