2019 Offseason Thread

They are going to have “pissed off because RBNJ wouldn’t meet America’s asking price because that meant selling at a loss” Kaku

Who had to pay for his own furniture, even after saving his receipts. I’d be pissed about that’s too if it was promised to me.

Reactions: Kjbert
It’s in the athletic article. RBNJ promised to pay for his furniture as part of living expenses. The club didn’t do it and he was told he had to contact Germany for anyone to help.
I don’t subscribe to the athletic.

That’s pretty fcked up, especially if it’s in his contract. Would think the players association would file a grievance on his behalf. And can’t look good to future RB transfer targets.

Reactions: adam
I don’t subscribe to the athletic.

That’s pretty fcked up, especially if it’s in his contract. Would think the players association would file a grievance on his behalf. And can’t look good to future RB transfer targets.
The players union only looks out for Americans.

Reactions: Kjbert
Are non-American players mandated to join the union? Seems they’d have an obligation to look out for everybody

Are non-American players mandated to join the union? Seems they’d have an obligation to look out for everybody
I think the foreign players typically don’t get as involved as they see MLS as that league they’ll be in for 3 years max. This is simply just my viewpoint from the outside though.

While I don’t think anyone would come out and say this, when you look at the evidence, Fake Jew Fake Jew is right. It’s the players that fight against TAM and DP slots. It’s the players that fight against solidarity payments. It’s the Americans that fight against the re-entry and wanted free agency.

They know that foreign players are the ones getting the above cap limit deals. The foreign players have more employment options and the union does not fight hard to protect the foreign player. They’re probably right to do so, but what Fake Jew Fake Jew says is true. Good point by him

They are going to have “pissed off because RBNJ wouldn’t meet America’s asking price because that meant selling at a loss” Kaku
I find the Kaku thing endlessly amusing, but it’s worth remembering that all the nasty comments were from his agent (as far as I know). This could be more about an agent trying to force a move than Kaku giving a shit one way or another.

Chanot Interview

Hate the beard, but sounds pretty upbeat and optimistic overall. It was good to hear his explanation of the offseason and how he ended up coming back. I assumed he held us hostage for extra money, but it sounds like he was given an opportunity to get his personal life in order and ultimately decided to come back. A contract negotiation can be harmful to the bond between player and club, but it sounds like we may have built up some goodwill by releasing him an giving him flexibility to organize his personal life. It will be interesting to see what his salary is when the union releases it.

What I like about where we are headed is how par for the course it is for all of Man City marketing ventures. Tear at the traditions of the locals, give the team a “City” identity, pay no mind to supporters, be midtable with the local rival clearly ahead.

Well done, CFG.

Last edited:
This is now the most activity for a given time period with 8 transactions in 17 days - 2 terminations, 1 resigning, 5 new signings of which 1 was a Superdraft pick and 1 was a DP. 2017 still has a higher acquisition in short time with 6 new player signings in 9 days, also including a Superdraft pick and a DP.

Updated:

avrZgw7.png

https://www.nycfc.com/post/2019/01/30/preseason-begins-inside-training?autoplay=true

Anyone else notice how little you see Dome in the pre-season training videos? It's noticeable because PV was front and center so much in previous training videos. Is Dome not as involved/present or does the video team just not focus on him as much because he's not a former star player like PV?

Also, maybe I just missed him but did anyone see Medina in that training video? Is he already hurt?