2019 Roster Discussion

What Position Should NYCFC Target For Its Splash Signing?

• Striker

Votes: 52 89.7%
  • Midfielder

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Defender

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
Agree to disagree.

Some of that young core may not be difference makers. We need a LB.

Of the starting XI, how many positions would you upgrade? I think we have question marks at LB, CM, RW and CF. You could even talk me into an improvement in goal and RB but I don’t see that happening.

Let’s see how Parks comes along. I’m hopeful there, especially for how we want to win the xG every match. Let’s see if one of Medina, Lewis, ITS or Taty starts banging in goals.

Maybe the Winger poo poo platter we’ve settled on works.

lmao you want a brand new team every year. this is the same stuff you say every year.

I will say a LB and RB is needed. the whole CF stuff depends on how the hell Dome wants to work this system. i would say its needed even if its for a plan B.

lmao you want a brand new team every year. this is the same stuff you say every year.

I will say a LB and RB is needed. the whole CF stuff depends on how the hell Dome wants to work this system. i would say its needed even if its for a plan B.

I mean when the players suck, yes I want a new team.

Don’t you?

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
I mean when the players suck, yes I want a new team.

Don’t you?

players are not all trash not for MLS standard this is MLS not la liga or EPL, you can watch the best there.

the best players in the world wont come here in their prime i dont know what exactly you want? de bruyne hazard de gea neymar, in their prime here?

He doesn't have citizenship, or a green card and doesn't qualify for the Homegrown international rule.
I must be misunderstanding the rules (which is very easy as I've devoted far less energy to keeping up with the constantly evolving intricacies of the MLS roster rulebook) but I was under the impression that he is eligible to be, and was expected to be signed as, a homegrown player, and as a non-domestic player, he would be a hg international, which does not occupy a senior roster international spot.
Which part(s) of that am I mistaking?

Wow we’re actually making good front office moves. Guys, time out. Can we please throw some praise NYCFC’s way before we go back to shitting on them tomorrow.
I’m not sure obtaining a green card is indicative of the Front Office’s roster creation abilities. Unless they bribed the immigration officials, this is simply certain players wanting the domestic status and the Fed Government miraculously granting it quickly. Now maybe the FO hired a savvy person to shepherd the players through the process, and for that they get kudos, but every team should have that resource on retainer and it’d be more indicative of a club not having it/them.

Frankly, I had no idea that a GC could be obtained so quickly.

If we sign a striker, their first match with NYCFC would be a regular season game and that doesn't make me happy.

Where is this new signing, Dome?!?!

Reactions: Kjbert
I was under the impression that he is eligible to be, and was expected to be signed as, a homegrown player, and as a non-domestic player, he would be a hg international, which does not occupy a senior roster international spot.
Which part(s) of that am I mistaking?
it looks like he joined us too late to qualify for the international slot exemption

Reactions: 413Blue
players are not all trash not for MLS standard this is MLS not la liga or EPL, you can watch the best there.

the best players in the world wont come here in their prime i dont know what exactly you want? de bruyne hazard de gea neymar, in their prime here?

I want the trash players out. How’s that?

Btw what’s our bet again? I know you were waiting on me. I’m sorry.

I hope not, we have a really young team and core, who, half-way through last season, was the team to beat. I don't think we're as far off talent-wise from the top as many think. Really, the pressure is on Dome this year to make good on the talent on the yet-complete roster.

Agreed wholeheartedly on this. We probably have the 2nd most talented roster in the league behind Atlanta. If we get a striker we realistically have very few holes. The question is whether the coach can harness it better than he did last year.

I want the trash players out. How’s that?

Btw what’s our bet again? I know you were waiting on me. I’m sorry.

homie waiting on your end.

Isi makes 10 or more goals. If i win you add that Medina profile pic, and your sig: I Love Medina as a DP.

Reactions: Kjbert
homie waiting on your end.

Isi makes 10 or more goals. If i win you add that Medina profile pic, and your sig: I Love Medina as a DP.

We’re on. Tell me what you think is appropriate on your end and we’re good here