2019 Roster Discussion

What Position Should NYCFC Target For Its Splash Signing?

• Striker

Votes: 52 89.7%
  • Midfielder

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Defender

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
Mix would have been just fine here this day in age. with the new roster rules and TAM allocation. He was really a victim of stubborn PV/cap tragedy due to antiquated roster budget allocation.

I personally don’t think I would have argued to dump him so quickly if we had several players on the roster earning more than him and his salary didn’t prevent us from fielding a team of minimum salary players. It would have more been an argument of why isn’t PV playing him, similar to our Jlew debates.
Agreed. I think he would flourish here in the current 3-4-3 in Ofori's role. He wasn't worth his salary when we had him here, but I think he could be a valuable piece at a reasonable cost now. But I don't imagine based on the way things ended that that is a realistic option at all.

Reactions: adam
Mix didn’t want to play soccer here. Happy he’s finding success overseas, but his mind wasn’t in the right place here.

Reactions: Schwallacus
Not all champions leagues are created equal, I'd be neither of those teams could beat any MLS team.
Have you seen Colorado or New England lately? Seem to remember a certain team that played Toronto this year and looked like a Sunday pub team.

It’s difficult to compare leagues, but I wouldn’t rule out their ability to compete with MLS. What I’ve seen from Korean teams at the WC are disciplined players with engines that function at 110%. These guys are like the stereotypical American players in that they make up for lack of skill with total and constant effort.

Reactions: gbservis
Mix didn’t want to play soccer here. Happy he’s finding success overseas, but his mind wasn’t in the right place here.

werent there rumors that he was trying to slide into DM's and stuff of like instagram models and failing...i think that was just twitter chatter though.

dude was just chilling in YS when he was not in the 18 but not in the suite, just him and his agent in other sections sitting.

werent there rumors that he was trying to slide into DM's and stuff of like instagram models and failing...i think that was just twitter chatter though.

dude was just chilling in YS when he was not in the 18 but in the suite, just him and his agent in other sections sitting.

Lol I never heard that one but why wouldn’t he?

Lol I never heard that one but why wouldn’t he?

i saw tweets or something posted here, it was something like that and dude failing i think thats what the twitter chatter was making fun of him. again, not relevant but dude was for sure chilling in nyc

Reactions: Kjbert
Reactions: gbservis and Kjbert
Did anyone else know that the transfer deadline was today? Guess we're not rumored to be doing anything. Portland picked up a DP. Acosta might get a raise. Portland and Columbus made a trade. Omar isn't coming to MLS after all. Why are we not trying to move Medina by today?????

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019...oves-ahead-2019-primary-transfer-window-close
I'm not sure who within MLS would take Medina considering the salary cap rules. No other league windows are still open (haven't double-checked this, so could be wrong here), so our only options would be within the league.

Did anyone else know that the transfer deadline was today? Guess we're not rumored to be doing anything. Portland picked up a DP. Acosta might get a raise. Portland and Columbus made a trade. Omar isn't coming to MLS after all. Why are we not trying to move Medina by today?????
Why would any team in MLS take Medina??

Reactions: Kjbert
What do you guys think we’ll pay Kompany through the 2020 season when he joins in July?

Reactions: JayH