2019 Roster Discussion

What Position Should NYCFC Target For Its Splash Signing?

• Striker

Votes: 52 89.7%
  • Midfielder

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Defender

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
I answered your question? What didn’t you understand?
Come on, man. Kangaroo Jack asked two questions clearly intended as alternative options and you answered “yes” without saying which question you were saying “yes” to. Basically the classic bad work email reply.

So, let’s try again:

Is your statement that “Mix didn’t want to play soccer here” based on (a) first-hand access to the locker room and club staff, or (b) second-hand reporting in news stories?

Please answer either “(a)” or “(b).” Multiple answers or answers in any other format will not be counted for purposes of scoring this exam.

Would you rather pay Medina and Sweat or Kompany?
Is this an open ended question not grounded with variables such as contract fee, contract length, who becomes 2nd LWB option, which established CB is benched, is Kompany’s health an issue, are we getting anything in return for Medina/Sweat, etc, etc.

Simply asking the question you did, I’d look at options C and D, and if told they don’t exist then I’d contemplate firing/demoting the technical director. I’m just not sure why we’re possibly taking a CB as a DP - seems like a luxury signing considering the other two guys being Maxi/Mitrita.

Good grief - how the hell did I open up this can of fucking worms by posting about Mix making a goal?

The guy was relegated to the bench by our first coach and then after getting a second chance became completely persona non grata under our second coach. I don't think anyone has the inside story, but clearly something was going on. I hated every minute of it, as I really wanted him to succeed. I am glad he's doing well in Korea (almost as huge as Midas, apparently), but he's not ever coming back here.

I like Kompany, but bringing him in would be similar to the Rapids bringing in Howard a couple years ago.
Modest upgrade to an already strong position. DP slot for probably a couple years locked up as he declines.
The difference here is that we can actually spend money for a DP, Colorado wont so that slot didn't matter to them.

Last edited:

Another young American talent going to waste in Colorado (Kellyn Acosta). Shame to see Lewis leave NYC. Really loved him here. Don’t know why we saw the FO stack us with other wingers that pushed Lewis more and more to the bench. I guess they undervalued him.

We paid $250K in GAM for that draft pick. So hopefully we get at least $600K in GAM.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
holy shit, so my theory could be true based on the words my source told me after the home montreal game.

Reactions: Kjbert
That's less a "theory" than the "story of his entire professional career so far."

technically not a public statement, but did throw it around post game. as far as i know he never did this with PV even when he was getting little minutes.

technically not a public statement, but did throw it around post game. as far as i know he never did this with PV even when he was getting little minutes.

Oh I think I misunderstood, you're saying Lewis was questioning the team's preparation and practice? Well turnabout is fair play I guess.