2019 Roster Discussion

What Position Should NYCFC Target For Its Splash Signing?

• Striker

Votes: 52 89.7%
  • Midfielder

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Defender

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
Morales would be excellent as a Herrera replacement. He’s far more intelligent and polished, although a bit less athletic.

I was thinking Peruvian, to link with Callens. But USMNT eligible. I’d love him here too.

I like Ike ;) a lot but hell prob want a raise so would or should we pay him Chanot money. What was he making?

I like Ike ;) a lot but hell prob want a raise so would or should we pay him Chanot money. What was he making?
He’s better than Chanot.

Chanot wasn’t really good at the defending part of being a CB last year.

I don’t think we need to spend a ton of money on another CB, though. So I think we’re in the same camp. Which means expect
Ike Opara as a new DP any day now.

Reactions: BxLio91 and Kjbert
US-capped. But not nearly as often as should be. Somehow, USMNT is simulataneously terrible, yet too good to call in a year on year starter in the Bundesliga.

He also rejected several proposals to play for Peru before he became US capped, because he thought playing for the US gave him a better chance to get to the World Cup. Oh well...

What is this? Is this FIFA paying leagues/clubs for borrowing their players? Or is this further compensation for the players?

What is this? Is this FIFA paying leagues/clubs for borrowing their players? Or is this further compensation for the players?
From what I read of Twitter it’s basically royalties to the club. I wonder how MLS breaks up the funds.

Reactions: Kjbert
There are rumors that MLS is going to increase TAM and the TAMable salary to 2 million. Could be a precursor to the end of the third DP slot? Maxi still making too much?

Reactions: Shwafta and Kjbert
There are rumors that MLS is going to increase TAM and the TAMable salary to 2 million. Could be a precursor to the end of the third DP slot? Maxi still making too much?

Funny story. The rumor is the TAM ceiling could be increased to players earning $2 million.
Maxi makes $2,000,000... and 4 cents. https://mlsplayers.org/resources/salary-guide

Do we still not know with certainty how transfer fees are allocated against the cap? Would impact analysis on Medina. But as a young DP, he only costs $200k instead of $500k against the cap, so might as well leave him in that spot.

Would be nice to be able to buy down Maxi, keep Medina in the young DP spot, and then bring in a CM and ST designated player.

Funny story. The rumor is the TAM ceiling could be increased to players earning $2 million.
Maxi makes $2,000,000... and 4 cents. https://mlsplayers.org/resources/salary-guide

Do we still not know with certainty how transfer fees are allocated against the cap? Would impact analysis on Medina. But as a young DP, he only costs $200k instead of $500k against the cap, so might as well leave him in that spot.

Would be nice to be able to buy down Maxi, keep Medina in the young DP spot, and then bring in a CM and ST designated player.
Don’t we have a whole mess of discretionary TAM lying around that is “lost” if not used this season? Granted, it would require Uncle CFG to loosen the purse strings, so......

I believe we paid an undisclosed fee for Maxi so that could complicate things. He might have signed before they changed the rules on how a transfer fee needs to be spread out over the life of the contract instead of the year it was paid.

I believe we paid an undisclosed fee for Maxi so that could complicate things. He might have signed before they changed the rules on how a transfer fee needs to be spread out over the life of the contract instead of the year it was paid.

This is what pisses me off so much about MLS, we have existing contracts and obligations as a team that started in 2015. Whenever a new team comes in they change the rules and we are left with money already tied up and unable to fully benefit from the new roster rules.