2019 Roster Discussion

What Position Should NYCFC Target For Its Splash Signing?

• Striker

Votes: 52 89.7%
  • Midfielder

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Defender

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
i have to read it as i get a notification expecting posts on the topic. if you two wanna go on a vacation together and hold hands in first class, take it to your PMs and plan there.

so glad rodney wallace is gone.

Why do you have a notification on for posts? Is it just this topic or others as well?

Why do you have a notification on
Listen here, Bert, I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot.

Listen here, Bert, I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot.

...you still didn’t answer my question

So it’s so fucking brutal here because we’re not signing anyone, Villa has left a hole the size of a Spanish Bull at striker, that now we’re discussing airport security and forum notifications.

C’mon people, thought you were better than this. Everybody knows that all that shit is meant for the Stadium thread.

I was Gold once. I got upgraded once. It really wasn’t worth it.

I’m not traveling like I used to but can cobble
Together my Delta Silver every year.

The AMTRAK one is great because medallion status gets you a bunch of great perks (free trips, bonus points per trip, upgrade passes and BOGO vouchers), but it also unlocks better point transfer partners. You can transfer 10,000 AMTRAK points for a 5 star Hilton night. So yea, I’m an AMTRAK nerd.
AMTRAK status is great. Don't have it anymore, but was taking the Acela a ton back in the day, and at least at the time, AMTRAK status got you into the United/Star Alliance club lounges when flying. Not sure exactly why, but I loved it.

Reactions: Kjbert
CB is probably the one place where we do not need to add anyone. We have Chanot, Callens, Ibby and Hountondji and perhaps the academy signing, Owusu. Five is the right number and 3-4 of those guys are already good enough to start without us sweating it too much.

Too bad, because Parkhurst was really good for Atlanta - worth the $340K for someone who wants to start him regularly.

I don’t see the need but who the F knows anymore.

If you want to go 3 ATB (and I don’t see why you wouldn’t with the depth there and Villa home now), you already have 4 options there PLUS Sweat, PLUS Sands and that’s before you get funky with Ring.

If you want to go 3 ATB (and I don’t see why you wouldn’t with the depth there and Villa home now), you already have 4 options there PLUS Sweat, PLUS Sands and that’s before you get funky with Ring.

Depth is never bad. A backup plan to move your best CM to CB is not a good backup plan. It would be great to have Chanot and Callens rotated occasionally with a Parkhurst and Ibeagha pairing, especially in Open Cup play. Remember the season is 2 weeks shorter this year so we will have a few more clusters of games on short rest. Hountondji remains an unknown #5 and the homegrown signing probably isn't ready to contribute. Sweat and Ring can stay where they are.

Reactions: hatt91 and Kjbert

Good stuff, but remember that if you are going to do 3 ATB, then you aren't really relying on Sweat and Sands, since those guys are emergency players at CB.

Also, if we are going after Parkhurst to go 3 ATB, then that probably means Dome wants Ring playing as an 8 and not shielding or joining the back line. Dome played Ring in a more advanced role most of the games he coached.

Right now, we have 4 center backs - 3 of whom proved themselves to be starting quality, and 1 who may be that good (but he didn't play, so who can tell). If we are going to a 3-man back line, that's not enough players. We will need 5 guys for sure, and having someone like Parkhurst, who played it really well last season, is a good option.

We would go Callens - Parkhurst - Chanot, with Ibby and Hountondji as backups.

Reactions: Kjbert

Having Sweat, Tinnerholm and Matarita play as wingbacks would suit their particular sets of talents.
giphy.gif

Reactions: canchon and Kjbert