2022 Schedule Thread

Why should we play the reserves in the quarterfinals of the USOC against a MLS team instead of during 1 of our 34 regular season matches a few days later? Odds are every USOC game will be against another MLS team.

Looking at the schedule I am hoping every NYCFC player gets at least one start in May to show what they can do.

1) CCL
2) Supporters Shield
3) MLS Cup
4) Campeones Cup
5) USOC

BTW in 2023 I rate Leagues Cup number 2 in this list

Reactions: moogoo
This is some dangerous stuff. Discovered it in DC at my favorite morning bakery stop. Named ... Tatte.
With all respect, the Tatte offering looks like a croissant. I’ve tried every variant I’ve seen in NY and LA and they are all pretty much sugar croissants. The ones in Montreal are more like a croissant if the layers were cake rather than phyllo. They are the size of a small pizza, and they cut you off a slice unless you preorder a whole one(another pro tip). I’ve never seen this in the US. Not to belittle Tatte — I’m sure it’s delicious. All I’m saying is that if you haven’t tried the Montreal style (which is reportedly the original Brittany style) I envy you that first bite when you do. Here’s a pic. 7616553F-3CF7-40D0-9D49-2F4DA51B7E2D.jpeg

Well damn… if I wasn’t getting married in Utah a week later, I think I’d have to take an away trip to Montreal for the day with the fiancée.
In 2019 I did a solo trip on a whim to see RSL play there and ate a lovely grilled cheese hoagie in the stadium. It was a very fun and unique stadium food. I can confirm that stadium was really fun and a great size. I think the hardest part was without a lack of international data plan I hard to navigate back to the states from memory in reverse from driving in. One wrong turn and I was done. I got lucky but definitely something to think about if you go! I’ll add some pictures from the stadium CF5F11A6-E982-4587-9B8B-30FDC69540AE.jpeg
My grilled cheese hoagie
8408C441-895D-4548-B007-F73AB4E95FEA.jpeg
Some game play

The attachment is a pano-view of the whole stadium from my seat at almost center line

Attachments

• 0FABA473-A9D0-44A6-946A-7D5E9E462E2F.jpeg
    7.6 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Well damn… if I wasn’t getting married in Utah a week later, I think I’d have to take an away trip to Montreal for the day with the fiancée.
In 2019 I did a solo trip on a whim to see RSL play there and ate a lovely grilled cheese hoagie in the stadium. It was a very fun and unique stadium food. I can confirm that stadium was really fun and a great size. I think the hardest part was without a lack of international data plan I hard to navigate back to the states from memory in reverse from driving in. One wrong turn and I was done. I got lucky but definitely something to think about if you go! I’ll add some pictures from the stadium View attachment 11761
My grilled cheese hoagie
View attachment 11762
Some game play

The attachment is a pano-view of the whole stadium from my seat at almost center line

Great thing about Google maps is you can download a map area so you don't need internet to use it.

Reactions: CCMore and Kjbert
With all the MTL love, it sure sounds like board beers this July north of the boarder.

Reactions: Kjbert
Pro Tip: the bagels are great, the croissants are good but the Kouigne Aman is transcendent and not replicated in NYC (or to the best of my knowledge, even Paris).
Also a very easy drive, and a favorable exchange rate.
Now I hate starting these kinds of debates, but the round bread-based products you are talking about are excellent, but they are not bagels.

Like donuts, they are bagel-shaped, but not bagels.

Now I hate starting these kinds of debates, but the round bread-based products you are talking about are excellent, but they are not bagels.

Like donuts, they are bagel-shaped, but not bagels.
Montreal Bagels are legit as a separate species and merit their own argument.
The Kouigne Aman is not ring shaped or savory and this belongs to a different genus. It has nothing to do with bagels, just things that are worth your time in MTL.
I’m happy to get in a NY Bagel debate, tho. Whats your NY go-to?

In 2019 I did a solo trip on a whim to see RSL play there and ate a lovely grilled cheese hoagie in the stadium. It was a very fun and unique stadium food. I can confirm that stadium was really fun and a great size. I think the hardest part was without a lack of international data plan I hard to navigate back to the states from memory in reverse from driving in. One wrong turn and I was done. I got lucky but definitely something to think about if you go! I’ll add some pictures from the stadium View attachment 11761
My grilled cheese hoagie
View attachment 11762
Some game play

“Grilled cheese hoagie” is some serious Frankenstein shit. Just a hero-sized Griled cheese? If so, flag Rio Tinto on Google maps for an away visit. If they put lettuce in it, I declare Utah a no-fly zone.

Why should we play the reserves in the quarterfinals of the USOC against a MLS team instead of during 1 of our 34 regular season matches a few days later? Odds are every USOC game will be against another MLS team.

Looking at the schedule I am hoping every NYCFC player gets at least one start in May to show what they can do.

1) CCL
2) Supporters Shield
3) MLS Cup
4) Campeones Cup
5) USOC

BTW in 2023 I rate Leagues Cup number 2 in this list

My ranking

CCL
MLS Cup
Supporters Shield
USOC

Campeones Cup

I am so excited to watch a season with this team where they've already won a title and we're not dealing with the constant, "This team needs to win something!" mantra after every bad loss or incomplete result. Just to be able to enjoy a season without that pressure that sometimes felt like it was choking them.

I don't know where this thought belongs, but I'm really excited for the 2022 season.

I am so excited to watch a season with this team where they've already won a title and we're not dealing with the constant, "This team needs to win something!" mantra after every bad loss or incomplete result. Just to be able to enjoy a season without that pressure that sometimes felt like it was choking them.

I don't know where this thought belongs, but I'm really excited for the 2022 season.
Ahhh but now we have the annoying pressure of “we did it last year now you have to compete at that same level. We were the MLS cup champions last year for crying out loud!”

Reactions: Kjbert and Joe_Cos