2022 Schedule Thread

well that's sad. makes sense for travel purposes but still stinks to not have home fans in the stands for CCL.

Here's to advancing and having the next round match at YS (if concacaf lets us, which is unlikely)

nah its RBA or nothing for Concacaf ( i guess metlife though its tougher getting there i think lol no path just NJ transit and buses for those without car)

Reactions: Kjbert
nah its RBA or nothing for Concacaf ( i guess metlife though its tougher getting there i think lol no path just NJ transit and buses for those without car)

See, this is where CONCACAF needs to ease up on their stadium restrictions. If this is about sponsor boards in center field, they need to find a way to make it work. Our opponent can't play in its home stadium either. San Carlos couldn't play in its home stadium in 2020. How many teams can't play in their home stadiums? It's a joke. Ease up a little.

See, this is where CONCACAF needs to ease up on their stadium restrictions. If this is about sponsor boards in center field, they need to find a way to make it work. Our opponent can't play in its home stadium either. San Carlos couldn't play in its home stadium in 2020. How many teams can't play in their home stadiums? It's a joke. Ease up a little.

true but the "difference" is that those stadiums for central american teams are in really bad shape so it makes sense for them to move to other stadiums. for nycfc its more Concacaf not wanting to compromise.

What are the CONCACAF parameters YS does not meet? Is it completely arbitrary (I assume very likely given CONCACAF) or are there some standards upon which they claim to rely? Sorry if i missed this detail along the way.

What are the CONCACAF parameters YS does not meet? Is it completely arbitrary (I assume very likely given CONCACAF) or are there some standards upon which they claim to rely? Sorry if i missed this detail along the way.

I thought I remembered reading in 2020 that the issue was with the sponsor boards in center field, which can't be removed/changed, and CONCACAF doesn't allow any non-CONCACAF sponsors to be displayed in the stadium during games.

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
I thought I remembered reading in 2020 that the issue was with the sponsor boards in center field, which can't be removed/changed, and CONCACAF doesn't allow any non-CONCACAF sponsors to be displayed in the stadium during games.

I don't recall there ever been any officially released statement as to why YS was unacceptable. The sponsor board thing was what people (on this forum and elsewhere) came up with based on the concacaf written policies and what we know of YS.

I'm not sure why concacaf doesn't just let the club cover them with NYCFC tarps or just plain blue tarps like we covered up red bull stuff at RBA. Or even better, use the digital masking used to hide empty seats when attendance was not permitted in 2020. Mask the ads with ads of their own. Problem solved.

Reactions: JayH
I think its just Concacaf want only soccer or NFL stadiums for their games.

I don't recall there ever been any officially released statement as to why YS was unacceptable. The sponsor board thing was what people (on this forum and elsewhere) came up with based on the concacaf written policies and what we know of YS.

I'm not sure why concacaf doesn't just let the club cover them with NYCFC tarps or just plain blue tarps like we covered up red bull stuff at RBA. Or even better, use the digital masking used to hide empty seats when attendance was not permitted in 2020. Mask the ads with ads of their own. Problem solved.
I'm pretty sure Brad Sims has mentioned it before, though I can't find the source. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

this. Throw a big blue tarp over the ads. It looks awful but problem solved.

Looking very likely we're going to have played in four separate stadiums come the end of the season.
Yankee Stadium, Citi Field, Banc of Cali, and RBA. Wow

Looking very likely we're going to have played in four separate stadiums come the end of the season.
Yankee Stadium, Citi Field, Banc of Cali, and RBA. Wow

why is it likely? that is exactly what is happening this season. let's hope there isn't a 5th added.

why is it likely? that is exactly what is happening this season. let's hope there isn't a 5th added.
It was on the schedule that we would play in citi field a few seasons ago and then we didn't. Can't say 100% until it happens.

It was on the schedule that we would play in citi field a few seasons ago and then we didn't. Can't say 100% until it happens.

2020 was the first time we had actual "CITI SERIES" or whatever they called it. that didn't happen cause of the pandemic of course. 2022 is the second time we have citi field on the schedule before the season starts. yes, there's always a chance it will get moved for some reason or another. but it seems unlikely we're not going to play all 6 citi field games.