2023/2024 International Duty

So, we've got 3 guys called up for duty this week.
  1. Tayvon Grey - Jamaica
  2. Mitja Ilenic - Slovenia U-21
  3. Christian McFarlane - England U-17
The Club has only acknowledged the first two. I don't think I should read anything into their silence on the third. I think it's just their usual care in keeping the younger guys out of the spotlight.

they announced it, just part of the NYCFC II squad announcement.

So, we've got 3 guys called up for duty this week.
  1. Tayvon Grey - Jamaica
  2. Mitja Ilenic - Slovenia U-21
  3. Christian McFarlane - England U-17
The Club has only acknowledged the first two. I don't think I should read anything into their silence on the third. I think it's just their usual care in keeping the younger guys out of the spotlight.
And Chanot. I’m still counting Chanot. I still don’t believe he wanted to play in front of his family, so he’s playing on a team literally on an island away from France in France.

they announced it, just part of the NYCFC II squad announcement.

Yes, I posted that and then went to my Twitter feed and saw the post.

Strange that they put him on an NYCFC II post when he’s signed to the big team and has made the matchday squad a couple times.

And Chanot. I’m still counting Chanot. I still don’t believe he wanted to play in front of his family, so he’s playing on a team literally on an island away from France in France.
IMG_4371.pngSince you still count him as one of ours, he scored a penalty for Luxembourg today. Would have loved to of seen that in an NYCFC shirt! Honestly, the thought makes me chuckle a little.

Luxembourg is tied with Slovakia on ten points for second in their euro qualifying group. Would love to see him in a major tournament!

Last edited:
Will Maximo actually attend his callup? Last time we heard about this his dad was torching the US youth teams and saying that they were moving on…hmmm.

Will Maximo actually attend his callup? Last time we heard about this his dad was torching the US youth teams and saying that they were moving on…hmmm.
I think Gregg is on a goodwill tour to parents/families/players

Reactions: canchon
Did anyone else see the Instagram picture for ilenic and gray call ups and think "who the heck is this guy, some super young academy player? Great he got a callup!" Idk, something about the shot of ilenic is just weird 😂😂

The U.S. roster for the January camp will be announced tomorrow. Hopefully, Mitja will not be the only NYCFC squad member to play in the game on Jan 20.

This roster looks somewhat geared towards Paris, which I can envision Sands potentially captaining?

This roster looks somewhat geared towards Paris, which I can envision Sands potentially captaining?
I don't know about captaining (would be great). I could see him being brought as an overage player. Probably explains why he's listed as a defender here. Our U-23s are very thin at CB, so the thinking is we will use 1 and probably 2 of the overage slots on centerbacks.