2023 Roster and Transfer Discussion Thread

Which positions do you think need a new signing?

• Goalkeeper

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Center back

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Left back

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Right back

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Defensive Midfielder

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Midfielder (standard)

• Attacking Midfielder

• Striker (forward)

Votes: 48 92.3%
  • Left Winger

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Right Winger

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Watch this spiral into Lampard-gate 2.0 to the 100th degree.
You're not the first to suggest it but I don't see it as likely. That's not because I think CFG learned a lesson about bait and switch, but I think if Man City wanted Neymar and he wanted them, they would just do it. Why go through the motions of of a sign and loan from us? I don't think it helps with FFP, or anything.
Also, MLS is in a different place than in 2014 when Garber presumably approved the fake announcement that MLS and NYCFC signed Lampard when that had not in fact happened. I don't think MLS would play along with that charade today. After all the hoopla about signing Messi, and with all the ongoing attention he is drawing worldwide, MLS would look like fools if they let that happen with Neymar today.

Anyway, here is the Nico Bravo tweet that the source account referenced.

Note Bravo is not saying Neymar to CFG/MLS is done, or even likely, just that it is active and one of the biggest offers. All that is likely is Neymar leaving PSG.

so the source has a non story. unless neymar gets bought and loaned elsewhere, which i still find hard to believe.
I'm not sure if he has a story at all or is just copy/pasting Nico Bravo. The Brazil part is the only thing the source added.
Fabrizio Romano is reporting that MLS is in play among other leagues but Romano hasn't specified any MLS team(s). Presumably MLS has some plan to keep Neymar occupied until 2024 if they land him.

Last edited:
Reactions: JayH
It's ironic that the kid is posting this with how many posts they've made have turned out wrong...
I would tend to trust Fabrizio over the kid

🚨 𝐄𝐗𝐂𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐕𝐄: Al Hilal sent an huge bid to Neymar Jr — negotiations are underway! 🔵🇸🇦

◉ Neymar, tempted by Al Hilal as talks are advancing.
◉ Al Hilal are currently favourites to sign the Brazilian.
◉ Neymar’s camp, working to part ways with PSG.
◉ Barça and MLS clubs keen but Al Hilal are ahead.

There’s strong chance of Neymar going to Saudi 🇧🇷

I would tend to trust Fabrizio over the kid

🚨 𝐄𝐗𝐂𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐕𝐄: Al Hilal sent an huge bid to Neymar Jr — negotiations are underway! 🔵🇸🇦

◉ Neymar, tempted by Al Hilal as talks are advancing.
◉ Al Hilal are currently favourites to sign the Brazilian.
◉ Neymar’s camp, working to part ways with PSG.
◉ Barça and MLS clubs keen but Al Hilal are ahead.

There’s strong chance of Neymar going to Saudi 🇧🇷
That’s fine in 2027 NYCFC will bring Harry Kane to Sponsor Stadium.

• Love
Reactions: moogoo
I love that he doubled down by saying Fab was wrong. He may not have credible sources, but at least the kid has stones.

Reactions: Kjbert
Source just needs to stop while he's ahead. And other people need to stop gassing him up. I respect his hustle and I like the idea of there being a Twitter (X) account being dedicated solely to NYCFC transfer rumors. But the kid constantly gets in his own way, either putting way too much weight into vague statements from agents/agencies (our client has received plenty of offers and is considering his options = "OmG gUyS, hE's CoMing"), or flat out fabricating stories/adding unfounded additional information to previous reports.

He also doesn't do himself any favors by arguing with skeptics and acting as a mouthpiece for the club.