2024 Roster and Transfer Discussion Thread

The lack of self-accountability from Lee as a leader in this interview is disappointing. The blame for the bad season is consistently spread across the organization with statements like "we have to admit that we haven’t done a good enough job as a collective this past season" or specifically at individuals other than Lee with statements like: "Nick would be the first to admit there are areas and moments in which he could have done better this season." Apparently, Lee would be the last to admit that he personally could have done better this season.

Good leaders use the collective "we" to share credit when things are good. When things are bad they take individual responsibility to show they hold themselves accountable in the same way they hold everyone else accountable. Lee spends the entire conversation making statements of accountability for everyone else while actively distancing himself from the blame. The closest he comes to taking any individual ownership is with this quote "Nick Cushing and I included, we haven’t been able to produce the results and performances we expect" but even then he drags Nick in to share the blame with him.

That's been the norm, I think, since Mark Booth stopped putting out content under his name. He's still listed as "Director, Content" on the website, by the way. His sudden, unannounced withdrawal as a public face for the team while remaining listed on the Front Office Staff page is one of the club's mysteries.
I have a theory on this. Back in 2018, Cuomo posted the below tweet that contained an architectural rendering of a park to be built in Brooklyn. Booth spotted something interesting in the rendering. The artist had used the image of a man jogging on the boardwalk - it's an image of Lampard from one of our games.

Booth tweeted it out, and he and a few of us had fun playing with the image in Photoshop. He posted some really good ones and retweeted some others. You can see a few of those in the Peeping Lampard Thread. It was a little while after that when he stopped tweeting, and deleted all his tweets. Now, there may have been another reason for it, but he is still active on the site - he just doesn't tweet anything himself.

I have a theory on this. Back in 2018, Cuomo posted the below tweet that contained an architectural rendering of a park to be built in Brooklyn. Booth spotted something interesting in the rendering. The artist had used the image of a man jogging on the boardwalk - it's an image of Lampard from one of our games.

Booth tweeted it out, and he and a few of us had fun playing with the image in Photoshop. He posted some really good ones and retweeted some others. You can see a few of those in the Peeping Lampard Thread. It was a little while after that when he stopped tweeting, and deleted all his tweets. Now, there may have been another reason for it, but he is still active on the site - he just doesn't tweet anything himself.

Omg, how did I completely miss (or just plain forget) that Cuomo tweeted out the pic of Lampard running there?

Reactions: gbservis

Unfortunately for this theory Booth was active a while after this happened. He started his own thread in the forums in 2020 and it was June 2022 when I first noticed he had been silent for a while. Plus I remember him being active during the MLS Cup run in 2021.
Still, you've now put "Mario Cuomo ordered state troopers to disappear Mark Booth" on my conspiracy bingo card, so thanks. It's more interesting than any of the realistic options.

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Kenny
FWIW, I just saw the Union signed Danish midfielder Sanders Ngano. Perhaps something to grasp onto in re the Perea situation.

Reactions: gbservis
it will be very difficult to buy him. he was traded for about 750K GAM if what i read online is correct, philly will want more than that.

2023 base salary $525,000
2023 Guaranteed comp $591,500

Union signed him from Orlando in Dec 2022 for $700k of GAM ($450k 2023 + $300k 2024) plus another $100k and a sell on percentage with conditions

Perea signed a 3 year contract with team option for 2026

We paid $300k in 2024 GAM (which at least offsets what Philly paid for 2024).

I don't think Philly has done a 2024 roster moves post yet, presumably not until after the playoffs

10 months later he's bringing this back up. I swear I'm going to unfollow the account.

This crap is so bad. Either have information and give it, or don't say anything. It's such bullshit. I understand this is a kid and he doesn't know what he's doing, but he's not a reporter. He's a clout chaser.

If he has information, he should report it. Otherwise, don't tease stuff. And then when we do sign someone, this is just vague enough for him to say "look at me, I got it right!!!!11one1one!" He doesn't know anything right now. He's just throwing shit against the wall.

Reactions: Gene
He’s getting lied to used by an agent again.

You can figure out which agency it is. He’s worded tweets before like “player A is switching agencies from x to z. He was looking for better representation and has found it with agency z”.