2024 Roster and Transfer Discussion Thread

Bakrar had a $2 million transfer fee, is signed through 2026, and had a salary of $336,000 is his first half-season. So I would think Bakrar is no longer in the U-22 program.
Bakrar is also 23 now, is it possible to “graduate” the U22 slots

Reactions: mgarbowski
Bakrar is also 23 now, is it possible to “graduate” the U22 slots

I believe if you sign a U-22 contract, you can stay in that deal for at least a couple years. But yes -- considering his small transfer fee and lower salary, he can easily graduate off it. That has to be the move.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
I like his confidence.
If we doesn't win the golden boot this year, I'm gonna RAGE and we better sell him for like 20 mil before 2025 season.

None of us know anything about the players we've acquired this offseason, but I can't wait to watch these guys in action. We have lots of reasons to hope that our offense will come right back to our historical norms. If we can keep these guys for 3-4 years, we are building a core that has the potential to win another MLS Cup.

Reactions: Shwafta and JCMore
Don't we already know he's played? We had a game where he scored twice and someone also got a picture of him on the pitch

He didn't score -- Bakrar scored twice, and based on that video Jones scored. I think the picture was of him on the sidelines, not necessarily on the field.

Reactions: Shwafta and JCMore
He didn't score -- Bakrar scored twice, and based on that video Jones scored. I think the picture was of him on the sidelines, not necessarily on the field.
Ah, yeah, looking back now he's on the sideline there. So i guess what you saw is confirmation that he was on the field as well :)

Is Ojeda still waiting on a visa? Is he the only one left to bring into the squad? Shame he missed all of preseason