2024 Roster and Transfer Discussion Thread

To this day I can watch that clip and think "There's no way that ball curls around and past Borchers."
it's almost like he had a magnet on Villa's foot. It's insane!

...Also, if there was VAR back then this goal would have been called back for a handball.

Credit to the team for working to improve communications with the fans through stuff like this. They have come a long way from the days of essentially zero communication.

i do miss the pre and post game press confs being made available for every game. wish those were a thing again. now only some are posted.

Reactions: gbservis
i do miss the pre and post game press confs being made available for every game. wish those were a thing again. now only some are posted.

i vividly remember reading that apple tv was supposed to have these for every team but its not there and i think only a few upload them in youtube instead.

• Sad
Reactions: gbservis and moogoo
i vividly remember reading that apple tv was supposed to have these for every team but its not there and i think only a few upload them in youtube instead.

My biggest complaint with Apple is the lack of pregame and postgame content. On home games, YES used to interview the coach before every game, and usually a player after the game. Apple does three postgame segments at the end of a game, none of them include interviews. We then have to wait at least 3 hours for the full-league postgame show where maybe we'll see some coverage of our game. Or it'll be 50 minutes of Messi and 10 minutes of everyone else.

So much of the Apple coverage is thrown together. Now they're cutting costs this year, so it's going to be even more barebones.

My biggest complaint with Apple is the lack of pregame and postgame content. On home games, YES used to interview the coach before every game, and usually a player after the game. Apple does three postgame segments at the end of a game, none of them include interviews. We then have to wait at least 3 hours for the full-league postgame show where maybe we'll see some coverage of our game. Or it'll be 50 minutes of Messi and 10 minutes of everyone else.

So much of the Apple coverage is thrown together. Now they're cutting costs this year, so it's going to be even more barebones.

really? man at this rate, does the deal make it to 10 years?

i'm sure part of cutting costs was getting rid of the tmobile freebies.

but yeah it doesn't take much to improve the production quality and content. guess they don't care. even if all we watch are the live games, they got our subscriber money.

really? man at this rate, does the deal make it to 10 years?

They reportedly cut broadcaster salaries, that's why Adrian Healy left.

Personally, I've never thought this deal would last the entire 10 years. Especially cutting the T-Mobile freebies, I can't imagine viewership is good. If it were, we'd be hearing about it.

Credit to the team for working to improve communications with the fans through stuff like this. They have come a long way from the days of essentially zero communication.
What's funny is this Q&A dropped just minutes before they held a press conference with David Lee.

I don't remember the last time they set up a press conference with Lee, so that was great, but it would have been even better if we had time to consume this Q&A beforehand.

One nugget of the Q&A was the reference to the press (in relation to Wolf). I think that some of the abandonment last season was personnel related (no striker, no consistency up front, no Medina type, a wasted training camp, etc) and having new strikers and a Wolf-type will allow the commitment. An effective press will completely change the way we play and also be much more fun to watch.

One nugget of the Q&A was the reference to the press (in relation to Wolf). I think that some of the abandonment last season was personnel related (no striker, no consistency up front, no Medina type, a wasted training camp, etc) and having new strikers and a Wolf-type will allow the commitment. An effective press will completely change the way we play and also be much more fun to watch.

It wasn't the only reason but our press failed often last season because Magno missed his trigger and or didn't give enough effort. I found the comments about the press being a focus area for preseason, along with Lee saying we now have competition at all attacking positions while highlighting Wolfs ability to press particularly interesting. Made me wonder if they've told Magno he either gets with the program or goes to the bench.

Made me wonder if they've told Magno he either gets with the program or goes to the bench.
While I think this is a thing, it is so frustrating. He was so so good 2 years ago and pressing alongside Taty and with Maxi's guidance. I remember a split forum on the question of who would you choose if you could lock in Taty or Magno for their career. This past year really wrecked a fantastic growing talent. I really hope he can recover.

Reactions: gbservis
Squad numbers are out.
Notably:
no 2,3,4 - and 1 is Barraza which makes sense but I'm pretty certain Freese is going to be the #1 this season....

While I think this is a thing, it is so frustrating. He was so so good 2 years ago and pressing alongside Taty and with Maxi's guidance. I remember a split forum on the question of who would you choose if you could lock in Taty or Magno for their career. This past year really wrecked a fantastic growing talent. I really hope he can recover.

Magno's a sneaky good defender when he wants to be. There have been a few plays where he lost the ball on offense, got mad about it, turned into prime Alexander Ring and just completely bodied a guy to win the ball back. To the point where I've thought to myself with his size, ball-shielding ability, and the defensive skills he occasionally flashes Magno could a nasty box-to-box CM if he wanted to be.

I don't know what happened to Magno last year, did he just lose all confidence when he wasn't scoring goals? Does he need a Maxi on the pitch to help direct him? It's hard to say but there is loads of talent there, I hope he turns it around this season.