5/17 - 5pm 1st Official Meeting

Yup. Got it into my head weeks ago that the meeting was on a Friday. Didn't even bother looking at the date. Moron.

My wife and I live in BK a few blocks from Roeblings Inn. Really hope that place picks up a bit more as an LFC supporters bar. Usually a bit dead. Love 11th St Bar though.
Is that in Williamsburg? My usual spot is The Banter. Been there since it opened. Love the environment and know the owners pretty well. Btw in main events this place gets packed!

joined the forum after anyone care to share some of the important parts of the meeting?

joined the forum after anyone care to share some of the important parts of the meeting?
Things have changed a little since but what I can remember off the top of my head.

It was at Mad Hatter. Seemed like 30-40 people showed up. We were introduced to the organizers: Brian Toto (VP) and Zach Lewis (VP). Chance (Pres.) was late, family obligations.

Zach handled much of the formalities. Mission Statement. What the SG aims to do. How NYCFC has been very open with them and will be working closely with the SG. He went into some of charitable work the SG would be doing. Donating money to a kickstarter for soccer balls that can generate and maintain a charge (like a battery).

This is around when Chance came in. He went through formalities. And introduced the rest of the board and their roles.

It was explained that the SG would remain an umbrella group with no required dues. Then, at a later date a smaller core group would be organized within the SG. This core group would be the paid group. The idea was to have a large, loosely organized group that can band together on gameday. (I still firmly believe this is the route we should've continued on..)

Numz (I just realized I have no idea what the guy's real name is...sorry man) and Dan Lawson are the Song Czars. They plan on keeping the SG as a No Capo/No Drum outfit. They want the stadium experience to be similar to the British experience -- the fans start the chants when they want to.

Then they revealed the names that the SG chose to be voted on. Most of them camr from here: New Amsterdam Army. Blue SomethingLame. The Warriors. The Natives. Third Rail. SCNY (Supporters Club NY)....my favorite..

Then they let everyone know that if anyone had any skills they felt could benefit the SG to let them know and they can work it out.

That's all I can remember off-hand.

The names were up for like two weeks and it was unveiled on Facebook.

That's all I can think of.

What's changed? There is no umbrella group anymore. All TR is a paid group.

Thanks dude, sounds like the wheels are turning. I would definitely like to help in the charity side of things where when and however I can. I'd also like to know when I would be able to join/pay dues online. It is an awfully long trip to make to pay in person unless there is a rad event going on that I can make.

paying the membership just gets you perks (discounts, vote in supporters club decisions, a membership package which includes a scarf and a shirt) if you don't pay doesn't mean you're not part of the third rail you just wont get any of the perks

we aren't going to alienate anyone who isn't a paying member you are more than welcome not to pay and you can sit with us chant with us and everything else just like i said you wont get any of the perks that comes with being a paid member

Buckley Buckley any idea when the merch will be available? End of summer? Winter?

It would be really good to have Supporters gear for official NYCFC events. Terminus Legion was on point by having scarves at the announcement. Looks sharp and well organized.