After Speaking With My Account Manager

I didn't contact them because a few weeks ago I got tired of harassing my ticket rep about what shouldn't be ticket rep business just because the club doesn't communicate well.

This is me as well. I actually start to get embarrassed on the phone trying to be irate at someone who I know has no fault in the situation. Also, they wouldn't give me Pernetti or Soriano's emails:mad:;)

The scouting network and Lampard have nothing to do with each other.

The point I was making is that the club is talking up how the scouting network is allowing them to uncover players for NYCFC that other clubs couldn't find. I believe them.

As an example, they might think Andres Mendoza is a steal. For all we know, he could be a future Ecuadorian National Team player. Who knows? The point is that CFG's scouting network uncovered him.

This has always been a core tenant of their operation. As things progress if New York or Melbourne need a holding defensive midfielder, the information on a shared database will be accessed. The player will then go to whomever needs the player.

Reactions: Kjbert
Just spoke with my rep and he basically said the same thing as K Kjbert and leilanikali420 leilanikali420. He kept repeating that the January transfer window is opening and they're looking to make it up to us. I asked if they're signing a third DP soon, and he couldn't comment.

He said they are all disappointed, but they were blindsided. I asked if he meant they the reps were blindsided or the front office, and he said he couldn't comment on the front office because he's not involved in that.

I asked him about the contract and why they said it was a loan when it wasn't, and he said he didn't know the details of the contract.

He said that a team if more than just one player, and they're dedicated to making this the best team possible, and that Frank would be here in July. I told him that it's going to suck for Frank when he steps onto the pitch because NYC is going to let him have it, and he was silent.

He kept saying that they understand and feel the same way since they're also fans.

I finally told him that the team needs to publicly address this and that I hope they don't try to let it pass. He gave me a typical PR answer that I don't remember right now, but it wasn't important.

He's a nice guy, but he sounded like a robot. I wish he was more sincere with me. They're all definitely reading from a sheet of talking points. They don't want to address the issue, which is really unfortunate.

I have a feeling that they're not going to release a statement. They probably have a nice signing that they're going to announce soon, and they're hoping that will make people forget this. I won't.

I spoke to mine as well. Lots of the stuff posted above. Didn't know the contract. Thought he was signed to NYCFC originally but had no idea.

I asked about the DP slot. FL is currently a DP for NYC so we have one left. He said they plan on using all three but does not expect the third to be signed until the July transfer period.

I expressed my questions posted else where here and he said he agreed with them and will pass them up to his bosses.

Seems like if there was no gag order they could just say so...?

Though, I'm not sure if they'd really know the truth to that.

Thank you for sharing! A lot of good things, if you ask me - I'm still hesitant to believe FL will be here in July when there isn't a way to guarantee it - it's my understanding that you can't have two contracts with two clubs at the same time
My rep just guaranteed it.

well done! I'm not saying I don't believe you or the rep - just not getting my hopes up yet

There could be a FL contract out now (less than 6 months till June 6). IF MCFC contact does actually end then. AND had permission to sign from MCFC. AND FL actually signed it. But if that's the case can the team please say "FL officially signed his contract with NYCFC starting June 7, he will report to team early July, he counts as our 2nd DP and and MLS had the contract". Then we can get prepared to give him a good ol' bronx cheer ;)

So after the developments in this thread I sent the following email to my account rep this evening. I will let everyone know what happens when - and if- he responds.

Hi David

Thanks for the Christmas note. I haven’t written you before but I corresponded previously with Dan Steeves who answered an email I sent to the general Fan Services email. The last time I wrote to him 2-3 weeks ago I promised not to write again except for actual account rep stuff like tickets or billing. But today I read that the club is surprised at the low level of complaints about the Lampard announcement, plus this has crossed over into outright fraud and deception and the club needs to know what fans think of that.

I was not shocked by the December 31 announcement that Lampard was being extended with MCFC indefinitely. Anyone who was not a fool had to see that coming the way things developed in December. I’ve moved past that and don’t want him here ever. But the club announced — with no ambiguity — that Lampard signed a MLS Designated Player contract last summer: "Transaction: New York City FC signs Frank Lampard to a Designated Player contract.” http://www.nycfc.com/post/2014/07/24/welcome-new-york-city-frank-lampard

And now we know that was a lie. In fact Lampard had a contract with MC and according to the League Deputy Commissioner, instead of a true DP MLS contract "He had an overall agreement with [the] owner, City Football Group.” http://www.empireofsoccer.com/questions-answers-lampardgate-31231/ The terms under which Lampard has been playing with MCFC were also falsely characterized as a loan. I note that on this point the league is more directly at fault than NYCFC. You folks carefully never used the word loan on your own pages, but to allow the league to lie to fans like that is not something the club can countenance.

NYCFC needs to come clean on this, to apologize, show contrition, and make amends. That is not done with phone calls where this issue is avoided. It is not done by scouting, or signing other new players. When you wrong someone, when you lie to someone, you have to apologize, confess and ask forgiveness. Then we can move on.

I understand the practice is for reps to call anyone who writes. Please be advised that there is no point in calling me unless you are prepared with substantive responses to the issues I just raised. Calling me to evade this issue, mumble platitudes and discuss scouting will be unproductive for both of us and unpleasant for you. It would be better not to call. I do hope, however, that the club does take the necessary steps to make this right.

Thanks and have a great day.

Mark​

So after the developments in this thread I sent the following email to my account rep this evening. I will let everyone know what happens when - and if- he responds.

Hi David

Thanks for the Christmas note. I haven’t written you before but I corresponded previously with Dan Steeves who answered an email I sent to the general Fan Services email. The last time I wrote to him 2-3 weeks ago I promised not to write again except for actual account rep stuff like tickets or billing. But today I read that the club is surprised at the low level of complaints about the Lampard announcement, plus this has crossed over into outright fraud and deception and the club needs to know what fans think of that.

I was not shocked by the December 31 announcement that Lampard was being extended with MCFC indefinitely. Anyone who was not a fool had to see that coming the way things developed in December. I’ve moved past that and don’t want him here ever. But the club announced — with no ambiguity — that Lampard signed a MLS Designated Player contract last summer: "Transaction: New York City FC signs Frank Lampard to a Designated Player contract.” http://www.nycfc.com/post/2014/07/24/welcome-new-york-city-frank-lampard

And now we know that was a lie. In fact Lampard had a contract with MC and according to the League Deputy Commissioner, instead of a true DP MLS contract "He had an overall agreement with [the] owner, City Football Group.” http://www.empireofsoccer.com/questions-answers-lampardgate-31231/ The terms under which Lampard has been playing with MCFC were also falsely characterized as a loan. I note that on this point the league is more directly at fault than NYCFC. You folks carefully never used the word loan on your own pages, but to allow the league to lie to fans like that is not something the club can countenance.

NYCFC needs to come clean on this, to apologize, show contrition, and make amends. That is not done with phone calls where this issue is avoided. It is not done by scouting, or signing other new players. When you wrong someone, when you lie to someone, you have to apologize, confess and ask forgiveness. Then we can move on.

I understand the practice is for reps to call anyone who writes. Please be advised that there is no point in calling me unless you are prepared with substantive responses to the issues I just raised. Calling me to evade this issue, mumble platitudes and discuss scouting will be unproductive for both of us and unpleasant for you. It would be better not to call. I do hope, however, that the club does take the necessary steps to make this right.

Mark​

Nicely done. Looking forward to see how they respond to this.

Hi David

Mark​

Lawyer? Or english professor?

Reactions: mgarbowski