Akira Fitzgerald [Goalkeeper]

einwindir

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 19, 2014
Queens, NY
Placed on waivers on 6/24/2015
http://www.nycfc.com/post/2015/06/24/new-york-city-fc-place-matt-dunn-akira-fitzgerald-waivers

Player: Akira Fitzgerald
Joined Club: 12/11/2014
Position: Goalkeeper
Number: 1
Currently on loan to Carolina Railhawks, 5/19

Acquired via Free Transfer from Carolina Railhawks

NASL Stats: http://www.nasl.com/article/uuid/yr...kira-fitzgerald-named-nasl-player-of-the-week
Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akira_Fitzgerald

Twitter: https://twitter.com/akirafitzgerald

Akira.jpg

Last edited:
i feel like I'm the only person who's genuinely interested in him, call me crazy but i feel like he might just steal the starting job out of nowhere sometime during the season

Reactions: knittersupremo
Partially, but I think he'll get it later down the line

Did you ever seen him stop penalty kicks? . I searched for some stats. but could find none at his former team

Last edited:
Not convinced of the fella at all. I thought a school kid had got on the pitch when he ran on against St Mirren.

He will throw himself about more because he has to, due to his height and it looks good but if he 27 and out of NASL he isn't there for the long run. I am not dismissing him solely for his height but at that age he should be playing at a higher standard and i am always wary of why contracts have been run down.

Probably there to give depth and work with Saunders or whoever else comes in.

Not convinced of the fella at all. I thought a school kid had got on the pitch when he ran on against St Mirren.

He will throw himself about more because he has to, due to his height and it looks good but if he 27 and out of NASL he isn't there for the long run. I am not dismissing him solely for his height but at that age he should be playing at a higher standard and i am always wary of why contracts have been run down.

Yes he is small, but he was very vocal and his handling was good. He impressed me more than Saunders did.

I actually thought he bossed his area better than Saunders did.

This mans height is his main issue thus Saunders starting the past two friendlies. In the first game though his voice was astonishing, communication was top notch! And hopefully he can progress a lot as a keeper, sadly I don't see a lot of time for him on the field this season when we have Meara fit as Kreis obviously see's Saunders as 2nd choice in my opinion

This mans height is his main issue thus Saunders starting the past two friendlies. In the first game though his voice was astonishing, communication was top notch! And hopefully he can progress a lot as a keeper, sadly I don't see a lot of time for him on the field this season when we have Meara fit as Kreis obviously see's Saunders as 2nd choice in my opinion
I don't think you understood my previous post. I'm 100% sure Kreis doesn't care what the height of his goalie is.

With Saunders questionable and Meara out, the door is really open for Akira.

Reactions: Paul
Saunders looked really banged up. I know he is like Iron Man now and has his own mythology, but why Akira didn't come out I am shocked.

Reactions: einwindir
After Kaka hit that rocket Saunders grabbed for his left shoulder and winced. I'm hoping that whatever it was is not serious

Got sent on loan to Carolina today, not sure if that means we are clearing roster space for a new signing, either way four goalkeepers seemed a bit excessive in light of our areas that are actually lacking...severely lacking.

Reactions: Paul and LostAnvil
Got sent on loan to Carolina today, not sure if that means we are clearing roster space for a new signing, either way four goalkeepers seemed a bit excessive in light of our areas that are actually lacking...severely lacking.
More like went back to Carolina,,since that's where he was playing before he came to NYCFC. Their current starting keeper is now on loan TO Philly Umion.

Reactions: einwindir
Does the loan take him off our roster? Because loans to USL teams do not, right? I don;t know about the NASL loan.