Alleged Sexual Harassment at NYCFC

Timeout. Aren’t we all sh*tting on the Club for not handling this stuff? How can they handle it if this guys friends weren’t reporting it
We've already gone through this discussion in previous pages. Go back and read those instead of us going through this all over again

Reactions: SoupInNYC
I’d rather not. So we can end discussion I guess.

Mata was close with this guy. This guy was a serial harasser.

Timeout. Aren’t we all sh*tting on the Club for not handling this stuff? How can they handle it if this guys friends weren’t reporting it

Your argument doesn’t make much sense I’m afraid. Until and unless there’s any evidence to say that Mata (or the kit man, or anyone else) was aware of what was going on, it’s silly and unhelpful to speculate that their leaving the club maybe has something to do with it.

The guy who just left the club (Rodrigo Ayala) was neither of the individuals named in the Athletic story (Melvyn Pamplona and Kevin Christen) and there has been nothing out there as far as his potential involvement in any of this.

It's quite dangerous to start blindly speculating someone was a "serial harasser" (unless you know something about this that none of us do or that hasn't been reported anywhere).

"I'd rather not" after going on a quite far-fetched limb of quite dangerous speculation is not the best way to end a conversation.

...A lot of players were friends with Villa. A lot of staff were friends with Villa. Does that make everyone at the club a harasser too?

"I'd rather not" after going on a quite far-fetched limb of quite dangerous speculation is not the best way to end a conversation.

...A lot of players were friends with Villa. A lot of staff were friends with Villa. Does that make everyone at the club a harasser too?

I didn’t say they were harassers. I said it’s asinine for you guys to pepper your fucking ticket reps about Pamplona harassing a chick but giving the players a pass. Especially the player that appears closest to Pamplona and has been here almost as long as Villa.

But sure. You guys bitching to a 23 year old kid who just graduated from St John’s is really going to fix the issue.

Your argument doesn’t make much sense I’m afraid. Until and unless there’s any evidence to say that Mata (or the kit man, or anyone else) was aware of what was going on, it’s silly and unhelpful to speculate that their leaving the club maybe has something to do with it.

So then you agree that the Club has nothing to apologize for right?

I didn’t say they were harassers. I said it’s asinine for you guys to pepper your fucking ticket reps about Pamplona harassing a chick but giving the players a pass. Especially the player that appears closest to Pamplona and has been here almost as long as Villa.

But sure. You guys bitching to a 23 year old kid who just graduated from St John’s is really going to fix the issue.

No one gets a pass. But there needs to be evidence. First of all, the story is that Villa harrassed the intern and that Pamplona didn't do anything about it. There was no evidence that any other player was involved in this aside from Villa. If there is evidence, then that's a different story. Just because Matarrita is friendly with the guy doesn't mean he was involved. That's a crazy leap to make.

Reactions: Shwafta
No one gets a pass. But there needs to be evidence. First of all, the story is that Villa harrassed the intern and that Pamplona didn't do anything about it. There was no evidence that any other player was involved in this aside from Villa. If there is evidence, then that's a different story. Just because Matarrita is friendly with the guy doesn't mean he was involved. That's a crazy leap to make.

Part of the allegation is that Pamplona harassed her

I just re-read the article, and ... that's not exactly accurate. Part of the allegation is that Pamplona laughed at her and made objectifying comments behind her back which she then heard about, not that he touched her. Verbal harrassment? Sure. But according to the piece he was never physical with her the way Villa was.

As a reminder:

I just re-read the article, and ... that's not exactly accurate. Part of the allegation is that Pamplona laughed at her and made objectifying comments behind her back which she then heard about, not that he touched her. Verbal harrassment? Sure. But according to the piece he was never physical with her the way Villa was.

As a reminder:

Harassment is verbal to me. Touching is assault.

Reactions: Kenny

If Pamplona was found responsible from the investigation for harassment, he would likely had been fired from NYCFC. The other person part of the investigation left NYCFC, which likely means he was found responsible for harassment.

Therefore, I don't think Pamplona did anything terrible.

If Pamplona was found responsible from the investigation for harassment, he would likely had been fired from NYCFC. The other person part of the investigation left NYCFC, which likely means he was found responsible for harassment.

Therefore, I don't think Pamplona did anything terrible.
At the same time there are such things as organizations that sweep things under the rug or have varying standards for these types of things.

Reactions: Kjbert
So then you agree that the Club has nothing to apologize for right?

I don't follow, and by the looks of things, no-one else on this thread does either, so feel free to explain yourself further.

From my POV, it's very easy to feel the club has done an extremely poor job of managing this whole episode. And at the same time find it dumb to point at every picture of a club employee uploaded to social media and say "Hey guys maybe it was him", as if it proves some sort of point or helps anyone at all.

I don't follow, and by the looks of things, no-one else on this thread does either, so feel free to explain yourself further.

From my POV, it's very easy to feel the club has done an extremely poor job of managing this whole episode. And at the same time find it dumb to point at every picture of a club employee uploaded to social media and say "Hey guys maybe it was him", as if it proves some sort of point or helps anyone at all.

Nope. I think it’s dumb to blame the club President and harass your ticket rep about this if you’re not going to hold the players close to the situation responsible. Did any of them speak up?

Nope. I think it’s dumb to blame the club President and harass your ticket rep about this if you’re not going to hold the players close to the situation responsible. Did any of them speak up?
I don't understand quite understand this. Especially when you started suggesting some random employee was involved in this based off of a NYCFC instagram post.

Additionally, Matarrita himself has come across a ton of scrutiny and criticism on social media (and on here!) for a particular (I think Instagram?) post with Pamplona. Outside of Villa and Matarrita, who do you want fans to get angry at baselessly?

Or is it really that crazy to suggest people are expressing their concern to
  1. Club Leadership - who, even if they themselves weren't directly involved in the actual event itself, are still responsible for anything club related, responses to events, development of policies and procedures, club culture, training, etc.
  2. Ticket reps - who are the basically the only way for fans to provide feedback to the team? I understand that ticket reps don't have any responsibility or likely insight into details about the incident, and personally, I wouldn't and haven't discussed this with my ticket rep, but I don't think its ridiculous for fans to provide feedback to anything club related to the one mechanism that the club provides them.

Reactions: Shwafta
I don't understand quite understand this. Especially when you started suggesting some random employee was involved in this based off of a NYCFC instagram post.

Additionally, Matarrita himself has come across a ton of scrutiny and criticism on social media (and on here!) for a particular (I think Instagram?) post with Pamplona. Outside of Villa and Matarrita, who do you want fans to get angry at baselessly?

1. Club Leadership - who, even if they themselves weren't directly involved in the actual event itself, are still responsible for anything club related, responses to events, development of policies and procedures, club culture, training, etc.
  2. Ticket reps - who are the basically the only way for fans to provide feedback to the team? I understand that ticket reps don't have any responsibility or likely insight into details about the incident, and personally, I wouldn't and haven't discussed this with my ticket rep, but I don't think its ridiculous for fans to provide feedback to anything club related to the one mechanism that the club provides them.

Right. One would hope that ticket reps have a mechanism for giving fan complaints and issues to upper management. "This is what fans are complaining about."

As long as you're being respectful and polite to your ticket rep, it seems like a smart and prudent way to provide feedback to the organization you pay so much money to.

I asked if the guy leaving was the harasser because I didn’t know. I got the answer and clarification.

The club is responsible if they know what’s going on. I’m suggesting a guy like Matarrita of all people had to know what was going on.

And the ticket reps get too much shit from people. They make shit. They’re there to answer ticker questions. Not hear complains about a Twitter thread on harassment.

I am glad that the conflict solved itself.
I mean, it super did not solve itself. It was a very big problem that was attempted to be swept under the rug and it really took a lot of work on the part of the harrassed to get actual traction towards any sort of right conclusion. But you wouldn’t know any of that because you’re probably a bot. Still very annoying to have that said.