Atlanta (Home) - Postmatch

Frankly, it should have been a red. No attempt to play the ball. But even a yellow gets the same result.

How was Chanot’s foul in the box a yellow and Pogba’s was not?

chapman was lenient on second yellows tonight. there were multiple players who were on a yellow where he chose not to give the 2nd yellow despite it being a valid foul/situation to do so. I personally dislike this type of reffing. Fouls are fouls. They should be called regardless of the player or game or point in the game. Cards should be given consistently for the same situation regardless of player or whether they already have a card. But it is what it is. Otherwise, I thought he called a fairly good game.

NE will be interesting with potentially 5 of our key guys (anton, chanot, ring, taty, parks). If LAFC drop points tonight and continue to do so for the last couple games, we still have a chance to steal the supporter's shield at the last minute. Gonna be a tough one this weekend. but those guys all deserve a good rest. kinda wish we could give maxi a rest too.

The first half was some of the best football we've played all season. The second half showed us, again, that if a team wants to aggressively high-press us we can't quite keep our composure.

I do sort of wonder if de Boer expected that Villalba would be up against a Tinnerholm who was up the pitch a lot rather than a defender who mostly stayed home.

What a win! If it weren't for LAFC (and... y'know, our history to date) I'd call us favorites to win the cup.

chapman was lenient on second yellows tonight. there were multiple players who were on a yellow where he chose not to give the 2nd yellow despite it being a valid foul/situation to do so. I personally dislike this type of reffing. Fouls are fouls. They should be called regardless of the player or game or point in the game. Cards should be given consistently for the same situation regardless of player or whether they already have a card. But it is what it is. Otherwise, I thought he called a fairly good game.

NE will be interesting with potentially 5 of our key guys (anton, chanot, ring, taty, parks). If LAFC drop points tonight and continue to do so for the last couple games, we still have a chance to steal the supporter's shield at the last minute. Gonna be a tough one this weekend. but those guys all deserve a good rest. kinda wish we could give maxi a rest too.

The thing about Chapman tonight is that he was letting so much go, that there ended up being a really fine line between a foul and a yellow. You could crash into a guy, but if you got at least some ball, he’d led it go. But if you missed, and didn’t get ball, your contact might easily - and rightly - be a yellow.

Reactions: mgarbowski
I thought Chapman had a great game tonight. He had some iffy calls, but for the most part it was very good. In the first half he dictated tempo, and there was a part where Taty fell easy and he let it go, and then right after an ATL fell easy and he let it go. Consistent refereeing is great.

Lmao did not see that Taty and Heber did the Martinez/Almiron celly
d100jgx1quo31.jpg

Sure just like the visit earlier this year inspired Dome to suddenly become a good coach.

We’ve been on a hot streak for a while here

Doesn't mean they didn't play a little extra hard for the big boss man. In any case, I wasn't being serious..

Reactions: sundance