Atlanta (Home) - Postmatch

I really dislike that highlight reel cuts out all the nice ball movement leading up to Mitri's goals. Would have liked to enjoy those again. Now I have to search for them in my DVR..

Reactions: Christopher Jee
What a freakin' performance that was. To do that against Atlanta, wow. Super, super impressive.

Magic number is 1 to clinch the East. I wonder how much rotation there is on Sunday, knowing we still control our own destiny. Philly has Columbus next game, so we'll need to get a result in one of our last 2 games to get this thing done, but that's fine. Best road record in the league, so even on the turf in New England, hopefully we can eek something out.

Ring at the end as he takes the microphone: "Did you enjoy the show?" What a legend he is.

Ring at the end as he takes the microphone: "Did you enjoy the show?" What a legend he is.

What did you expect the Ring Leader to say after expertly orchestrating the great winning show over ATL? I loved that he basically claimed the CUP as ours. It really is ours to lose at this point. If we are in top form, I don't think there's anyone who can beat us.

Need to get a point in NE. hopefully the bench steps up once again and make it happen.

What did you expect the Ring Leader to say after expertly orchestrating the great winning show over ATL? I loved that he basically claimed the CUP as ours. It really is ours to lose at this point. If we are in top form, I don't think there's anyone who can beat us.

Need to get a point in NE. hopefully the bench steps up once again and make it happen.

Drop an F bomb somewhere.

It just says everything about the team's mindset right now. They don't think they're going to win, they KNOW they're going to win. Love it.

So glorious. Brought along a friend for his first NYCFC match ever. What a show for first-timer to witness! Only downside was Mitri Magic came at the other end from 129. But Heber’s finish up close was delightful. Would have loved to slam celebratory beers tonight but immediately had to drive to Boston. I gave up Brittany Howard tix up there tonight to stay for this match and boy did I make the right choice.

Treats obviously the star. Ibby had some excellent shutdowns in the first half, everyone else their best selves except Ring coughing up some danger a couple of times and Maxi on the pen. I’m venturing back to Foxboro Sunday. If the Krafts gave a crap, this Sunday I might have been cheering a glorious final match for Revs career legends Parkhurst and Larentowicz . Instead I’ll be wearing sky blue and hopefully celebrating our clinch.

P.S. anyone here know which section our away support will be in?

At this point I would seriously reconsider the policy of Maxi taking penalties. I'm sure players like Mitri, Castellanos and also Medina (if on the pitch) could be more reliable penalty takers. I've lost count on how many Maxi has missed this season. At some point those misses may prove costly.

I didn't stay up for the Philadelphia game. Woke up at 2:30 and checked the score. Damn. Woke up and scrolled through our game recording from overnight, and I'm happy again.
  • Just before the first goal, Ibeagha almost got nutmegged. Instead he blocked the ball and started the counter attack.
  • Someone above mentioned how beautiful the sequence leading up to Goal 2 was. If you have a chance I recommend finding it, and starting before the MLS highlight picks up. Chanot to Johnson to Taty to Moralez to Mitrita in a sequence that goes the length of the field in an instant.
  • As others mentioned Shradi seems a bit off his game shooting but he deserves credit for setting up goals 1 and 3.
  • After his third goal, Mitrita put his hands up to his face and smiled at the crowd similar to what Medina did a few games ago.
  • Tolleson mentions early in the game that Guzan has 14 shutouts. That's 6 more than we have but they have 2 more goals conceded. So I checked: when Atlanta gives up any goals they give up 2.28 per game. When we don't get a clean sheet we concede just 1.63 per game. Then I looked at how Philly's GD is half as big as ours and got annoyed that they are still close enough to win. That's some efficient use of goals they have going this year.
  • Somebody give me Héber abusing LGP and Guzan on a loop.

Time to give a shout out to Seb Ibeagha playing as a right back in a 4 man back line. 2 years ago Tito Villalba was Atlantas first DP and Seb was in the USL. Seb is a fine backup CB for us. As soon as ATL realized what shape we were playing the game plan became to isolate Tito on Seb 1v1 on the wing to get us out of shape and create chances. Seb basically stuffed Tito every single time until they eventually tried something else.

I didn't stay up for the Philadelphia game. Woke up at 2:30 and checked the score. Damn. Woke up and scrolled through our game recording from overnight, and I'm happy again.
  • Just before the first goal, Ibeagha almost got nutmegged. Instead he blocked the ball and started the counter attack.
  • Someone above mentioned how beautiful the sequence leading up to Goal 2 was. If you have a chance I recommend finding it, and starting before the MLS highlight picks up. Chanot to Johnson to Taty to Moralez to Mitrita in a sequence that goes the length of the field in an instant.
  • As others mentioned Shradi seems a bit off his game shooting but he deserves credit for setting up goals 1 and 3.
  • After his third goal, Mitrita put his hands up to his face and smiled at the crowd similar to what Medina did a few games ago.
  • Tolleson mentions early in the game that Guzan has 14 shutouts. That's 6 more than we have but they have 2 more goals conceded. So I checked: when Atlanta gives up any goals they give up 2.28 per game. When we don't get a clean sheet we concede just 1.63 per game. Then I looked at how Philly's GD is half as big as ours and got annoyed that they are still close enough to win. That's some efficient use of goals they have going this year.
  • Somebody give me Héber abusing LGP and Guzan on a loop.

Our 61 goals scored is only behind LAFC’s 81 (who don’t have Diomande anymore). And our 39 conceded is only behind DCU’s 38 (way to go Freddy!) and LAFC’s 35.

im tight that SJ got screwed and could of locked it for us in the east. Im worried that we got like 5 players missing for NE. Im happy with how they played yesterday, amazing first half and ok second and happy heber is back.

Lmao did not see that Taty and Heber did the Martinez/Almiron celly
d100jgx1quo31.jpg

its not the first time they do it i think they did it in vancouver, i dont think it was a shot, everyone else in the league will see it as such.