Away - 03/08 Orlando City SC

Villa being bad isn't his fault, it's just the problem that comes along with having your best player as a striker that can't get any service or help. I only watched until right after Mix's goal, but we were seriously lacking quaility out wide. It forced villa to go wide where he wasn't nearly as effective and had a lot of guys marking him. There were times when he picked the wrong option but it's probably because for the majority of the game the ball was booted up to him and after he finally controlled it he didn't have anybody to play with. The few times we got numbers forward and Villa could link up with passes and 1-2s you could see what he's all about.

Mix was class though, best player on the field for me. For all the hype around Kaka and Villa this guy stole the show.

Reactions: Kjbert
saunders was phenomenal! getting hit in the head like, twice? and pulled off some classy saves to keep us level at 0 and keep the 1-0 lead. nothing he could do on the goal, did everything right but the deflection was killer.

Mix was great, but Saunders deserved MOTM after playing (and playing well) through all that abuse.

Reactions: Paul
I voted for Mix and Saunders. Couldn't decide betweent the two.
I thought Saunders had a good game for him. I thought Mix was really good. Love Saunders' courage. But as I said in MOTM poll, I think most of his saves were expected from a first division keeper. Was there a single shot he saved, that had it gone in, you wouldn't have thought of as an error? For me, no, there wasn't.

Brovsky continues to look like he should be making my manhattans instead of getting a paycheck to play soccer. Just ewww.

Reactions: ManhattanValley
I thought Saunders had a good game for him. I thought Mix was really good. Love Saunders' courage. But as I said in MOTM poll, I think most of his saves were expected from a first division keeper. Was there a single shot he saved, that had it gone in, you wouldn't have thought of as an error? For me, no, there wasn't.

Agreed, he didn't pull off anything amazing, but he took a beating and kept the team in the game. OC could have easily been up 2-0 by the half.

Brovsky continues to look like he should be making my manhattans instead of getting a paycheck to play soccer. Just ewww.

I don't know what he was thinking coming off the wall and leaving that gap, then turning his body towards goal.

Can someone tell me why the entire team didn't travel to the game? There are players listed on NYC FC's site for first team that weren't on the roster today.

Can someone tell me why the entire team didn't travel to the game? There are players listed on NYC FC's site for first team that weren't on the roster today.

I think most if not all the players traveled to Orlando (they could be seen in training footage over the weekend). However only 18 will dress for a game: the 11 starters and 7 on the bench (of which 3 can play). Once the USL season kicks off, it is possible that fewer players will travel with the team for away games -- (i.e., some may get split off to Wilmington for its game).

Does anyone know when / where the post game conference and interviews are posted for NYCFC?

They should be on the website tomorrow if they aren't already. Also download the app. They put the post game videos on there as well and it's much more mobile friendly.

Tony Taylor, Andres Mendoza, Ryan Meara, Thomas McNamara, George John, Shay Facey, Connor Brandt, and Pablo Alvarez are all listed on NYC FC's first team website and weren't on the roster for the game. I thought Mendoza was supposed to be our star defender. And Tony Taylor was supposed to be good. Also Frank Lampard is still on the roster.

Tony Taylor, Andres Mendoza, Ryan Meara, Thomas McNamara, George John, Shay Facey, Connor Brandt, and Pablo Alvarez are all listed on NYC FC's first team website and weren't on the roster for the game. I thought Mendoza was supposed to be our star defender. And Tony Taylor was supposed to be good. Also Frank Lampard is still on the roster.
Right but ONLY 18 can make the team sheet.
The rest still show up at the game but they don't dress.
Taylor hasn't been practicing all week so he might have a knock. Brandt suffered an injury in our last preseason game. Meara is a 3rd keeper. You don't dress 3 keepers. He might mix up the defense next week.

Seeing as to how his loan stint didn't go all that well I had started to wonder if he was really that bad. Sadly seems to be true.

Still have mostly the same thoughts I had on the chatbox. Don't exactly begrudge House of Mouse a point even if they did get it in extremely grating fashion. Its a good sign however (in the opinion of some) to win or come close without playing particularly well. Saunders of course is an exception there (how the hell did he only get 67% on that MOTM poll) and Villa proved even world class strikers need some decent service.

If HOM had lost we would never hear the end of it due to the 2nd half penalty claim. Though it would have been karma with a capital k after the world's most blatant dive from Shea. A few players did seem to be made scapegoats on the chatbox particularly Nemec (who I assume was not signed for his world class technique) but maybe a little more patience is in order at this point.