Away 05/10 - Red Bulls

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Discussion pertaining to our May 10th encounter at RedBull Arena. The first NY Derby.

How much emphasis do you think NY/CFG is putting on this game? Could be why we're keeping Villa back? Make sure he's 100% for this game, full 90.

Game time - 7 Pm
Broadcast on FoxSports 1

Reactions: CP_Scouse
Anyone aware of the best way to get away supporters seats?

Question about the away supporter seats - do we have to arrive early and go in together or will we be able to enter normally? I'd like to go but I have a gig that afternoon and can't be certain of being there before 6.

Is there going to be a march to the stadium? We Def should strongly consider doing so. There are a few red bull fans I know that I would like to shut up :)

Reactions: TommyM
Don't know what the official sg plans are (this'd be a good place to let us know), but ideas for a bar to meetup before the match? O'Donnell's 233 Harrison Ave? Or is there a better idea? Maybe meetup at a bar downtown by the Path? Or a bar by the Path station in Jersey City?

Gotta be making plans, letting people know

Reactions: leilanikali420
Anyone remember the Governor David Patterson sketches on weekend update on SNL and how he would make New Jersey jokes all the time. TIFO idea?

Reactions: TommyM and Paul
Couldn't think of a better win to turn our bad form around than against red bulls.
Who HAS to be in the lineup for you?

Couldn't think of a better win to turn our bad form around than against red bulls.
Who HAS to be in the lineup for you?

VILLA
He's gotta start this game. Pretty sure why we've been so cautious with him lately
I'd like to see Pablo Alvarez again. He added a lot to our midfield and worked extremely hard.

Anything less than 3 points for this game will be a huge disappointment. We're not going to win the supporter's shield. We're not going to win the MLS Cup. We have a slight chance of making the playoffs. It's these "rivalry game" wins for fan moral that matter the most for this team now.

Personally I want to see
Villa
Poku Alvarez Shelton
Calle Mix
Brovsky Hernandez Mendoza Facey

I'd like to see Calle play in front of Jeb. Give him some protection on that side and Mix to help out on the right. This way you have two sound defensive options in your mid that can track back and help out but can also get forward and are skilled on the ball.
Switch up the back line with Watson out.

Hopefully Hernandez/Calle will be healthy.

For me, the biggest impact can come from poku. Not only from his play, but as you saw last night, he allowed mix to play at the top of the box. Midfield trio should be Jacobson, mix and poku.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
Personally I want to see
Villa
Poku Alvarez Shelton
Calle Mix
Brovsky Hernandez Mendoza Facey

I'd like to see Calle play in front of Jeb. Give him some protection on that side and Mix to help out on the right. This way you have two sound defensive options in your mid that can track back and help out but can also get forward and are skilled on the ball.
Switch up the back line with Watson out.

Hopefully Hernandez/Calle will be healthy.
Wouldn't we all? And that exactly how you know that won't happen.

Reactions: Gavin23
This is what I want to see:
Villa
Mullins
Alvarez Grabavoy Diskerud Jacobson
Facey, Hernandez (fingers cross), Winger, Brovsky
Saunders

I am 100% tired of watching Shelton spend 10-20 minutes looking like a world beater that can't finish who then disappears when he can't outrun everyone. Bring him & poku on as subs

Reactions: Z4CH3B99