Away 05/10 - Red Bulls

Do we have any chants setup for this weekend?

In my opinion, to actually have something going, is going to take quite some time. Its our first season guys. The only way for us to learn new chants is to actually hear them during the game and sing along as we learn them word by word, it's up to the Third Rail to get them started. Portland and Seattle fans always seem to amaze me (and not just their SGs). Let's see if we can follow their steps.

Reactions: TommyM
So is there a meetup for a march before the stadium or from anywhere?
Sorry to repost. Don't know what the SG plans are. So our little meetup pre match is 5ish at O'Donnells pub on Harrison Ave. Details, map, and contact info here: http://nycfirm.net/?p=102

From Harrison PATH station
Go north along F.E. Rogers blvd (about 5 blocks), turn left onto Harrison Ave. Go through 2 trafic lights. Look on the left side of the Street.

Reactions: Goodfella
Do we know if Calle, Villa or Nemec are ready to go?

We know we won't see Watson. Does Mendoza finally get a chance or does Facey partner with Wingert?
So many questions.

Goal for Ballouchy?

Do we know if Calle, Villa or Nemec are ready to go?

We know we won't see Watson. Does Mendoza finally get a chance or does Facey partner with Wingert?
So many questions.

Goal for Ballouchy?
I'd guess that Villa will be available and probably start. Nemec feels iffy to me, but there was video of Calle jogging around this week. He's probably 50/50.

Reactions: DeGrozz and jguab2
Right now the Third Rail, Hearts of Oak, BBSC and Blue Ladies are planning to meet at Stout NYC.

133 West 33rd street and leave before 3:30 to catch the PATH train over.

From there it's on to Lot C in a unified supporters march.
Any guess for meet time at Harrison station?

i honestly cannot wait to take three points from this game so we can finally finally finally stop talking about the chants.

You're right as of now however we should discuss about our opponent. For instance about how slow Matt Miazga is and how clearly that's one of NYRB's weak spots. Dax McCarty is a great defensive midfielder, he actually put up a great fight with Jermaine Jones in that midfield last year in a playoff game. He's their new captain and has been playing great this season. On defense we need our full backs to be on top of BWP throughout all 90 mins of the game, we all know what he's able to do. Even though to my understanding he didn't start last week against DC. I followed their playoff run last year and without Tim Cahill and Henry this season they're without a doubt a much weaker team than last year however we haven't been doing so good ourselves. It would be a great way to start a winning streak plus Third Rail has announced that they packed their visitor's section, NYC soccer fever at its peak. GO NYC!

Last edited:
Any guess for meet time at Harrison station?
No idea. I'm guessing we'll wait till there is a sizable crowd then head over together but apparently no later than 3:30 so I'm guessing after 4

No idea. I'm guessing we'll wait till there is a sizable crowd then head over together but apparently no later than 3:30 so I'm guessing after 4
Right. Couple of us will be in Harrison at the bar from 3:30. That way, if anyone want's to join your march in, they can make it. We'll have update on @NYCFirm day of.

Reactions: NYCFCfan
Injury Update - 5/7/15

Adam Nemec & Jason Hernandez returned to training yesterday.

David Villa and Josh Williams have been removed from the injury listed and fully practiced yesterday.

No word on Javier Calle yet.

Reminder:
Jacobson returns from suspension and Watson-Siriboe is suspended for the game.

Should we be happy that Pablo Alvarez looked great the other night or be concerned that an old guy from the Spanish lower divisions was at another level from everyone else on the team?

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Injury Update - 5/7/15

Adam Nemec & Jason Hernandez returned to training yesterday.

David Villa and Josh Williams have been removed from the injury listed and fully practiced yesterday.

No word on Javier Calle yet.

Reminder:
Jacobson returns from suspension and Watson-Siriboe is suspended for the game.
This is incredible news. Hope Calle can get back by Sunday.

Here's hoping for a good NYCFC support base. I'm sure the away fans section will be sold out and hopefully there will be a bunch of us scattered throughout the rest of the stadium. I'm taking my 7-year old and can't wait.

Here's hoping for a good NYCFC support base. I'm sure the away fans section will be sold out and hopefully there will be a bunch of us scattered throughout the rest of the stadium. I'm taking my 7-year old and can't wait.
Already sold out. Third Rail alone has over 1,000 fans going. That's not counting the unofficial purchases of the near by sections.

Should we be happy that Pablo Alvarez looked great the other night or be concerned that an old guy from the Spanish lower divisions was at another level from everyone else on the team?

That's a though one, not sure but the team website is certainty is hyping Alvarez up this week with two articles. I wonder if this is a sign that we will be seeing more of him. I wouldn't mind it, I thought he played well and we could use someone who has chemistry with Villa to get the ball to him in better spots.

Reactions: FCRU
That's a though one, not sure but the team website is certainty is hyping Alvarez up this week with two articles. I wonder if this is a sign that we will be seeing more of him. I wouldn't mind it, I thought he played well and we could use someone who has chemistry with Villa to get the ball to him in better spots.

I agree. We need players who can translate our possession into bona fide chances, and Alvarez seems more likely to do that than a number of the other alternatives.

To me the current midfield ranking goes: Mix, Jacobson, Poku, Alvarez, Grabavoy, Ballouchy, Velasquez, so if he can keep G or B off the field, its a plus to me,