Away - 06/10 SKC

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where CFG should think outside of the box and use some money.

Reyna: Fine, only allow us 4 chartered airplane trips, no problem, because we're chartering a squadron of lavish helicopters - how 'bout them apples?!?

img1.jpeg
Does ethihad airways make helicopters? You should photoshop Nicole Kidman in this photo.

Reactions: Kjbert
Yes, and knowing that I was asking if circumstances like this weekend get an allowance so they don't count. I doubt anyone knows because of the usual MLS opacity, but if anyone does please chime in.
For example, what happens if it's October and you've used your 4 charters and there's a huge flight-cancelling storm. Are you just supposed to forfeit the match or will they let the team have another charter that season?

This is where CFG should think outside of the box and use some money.

Reyna: Fine, only allow us 4 chartered airplane trips, no problem, because we're chartering a squadron of lavish helicopters - how 'bout them apples?!?

img1.jpeg

A limited range of 593 miles makes it pretty hard to get to most of the cities we play at. Would have to stop to refuel a ton. Now if they invested in one of these, non-stop in style!

image.jpeg

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/0...hindenburg_cleared_for_outdoor_flight_trials/

I think the moral of this season is what we expect shouldn't be expected. If that makes any sense. We were rolling into the first NJ game, got destroyed, we expected to be brought down a peg and then go on a 4-game winning streak. We have been mediocre at home and brilliant away. Our oldest players are our best. We go completely against reason. Which is why the last game of a 3-in-8, we should expect to lose, so we'll win.

I think the moral of this season is what we expect shouldn't be expected. If that makes any sense. We were rolling into the first NJ game, got destroyed, we expected to be brought down a peg and then go on a 4-game winning streak. We have been mediocre at home and brilliant away. Our oldest players are our best. We go completely against reason. Which is why the last game of a 3-in-8, we should expect to lose, so we'll win.

We also expected stadium news

Reactions: SoupInNYC and JayH
For example, what happens if it's October and you've used your 4 charters and there's a huge flight-cancelling storm. Are you just supposed to forfeit the match or will they let the team have another charter that season?
I suspect that the 4 flight limit goes something like this:

You only get 4. Unless you've used them all up and there is an emergency that could affect MLS revenue. Then you get extras as needed.

Sounds like the setup for a hilarious buddy comedy.

View attachment 5270

Now I'm thinking to myself if I had to cast 2 of our players to star in a comedy where they have to travel cross-country without a plane to make a match, who would I choose?

I'm divided between 1. Jack-Lamps, two Englishman from different generations navigating America together. Or, 2. PV-Mix, for obvious reasons. Any other thoughts on an oddball comedy duo?

Anybody know of any good spots in Dallas to watch this match besides a hotel room?

Now I'm thinking to myself if I had to cast 2 of our players to star in a comedy where they have to travel cross-country without a plane to make a match, who would I choose?

I'm divided between 1. Jack-Lamps, two Englishman from different generations navigating America together. Or, 2. PV-Mix, for obvious reasons. Any other thoughts on an oddball comedy duo?
Easy. Pirlo and Tommy Mac. Cool vs., well, anything but cool. Two legends for different reasons.

Got to KC today. It's starting to cool off now, but it was a veritable sauna during the day. Which was a bit scary since the woman at the rental car counter was talking about its much nicer this week than last week.

Our midfield might keel over tomorrow, particularly if we are chasing the ball.

My mind goes to Lopez and Brillant. Classic big, calm dog with little yapper.

Reactions: adam
Status
Not open for further replies.