Away - 08/05 Quakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the other issue. If I watch live, I can get English. If I DVR, then the English option is not available.
Have you tried and it does not work, or are you just assuming? I ask because I assumed it wouldn't work, that the DVR was a recording of what would play on the TV if I watched it live. But on my system and provider, the SAP records and can be accessed during later playback. Obviously all these providers and systems work differently but it seems worth mentioning.

Anyone with TWC mind giving me a refresher as to how to activate the SAP (whether or not it actually works)?

Have you tried and it does not work, or are you just assuming? I ask because I assumed it wouldn't work, that the DVR was a recording of what would play on the TV if I watched it live. But on my system and provider, the SAP records and can be accessed during later playback. Obviously all these providers and systems work differently but it seems worth mentioning.

Yes, I've tried it, and using different methods. First, I just DVR'd it, and the language option didn't work. Then, I started the game, put on the English language feed, and recorded it from there, and that didn't work either. I use Optimum (piece of shit), FWIW. Other systems may work better.

How long does it take the Unimas games to be available on MLS Live?

I think it counts under the 48 hours for a national broadcast and not immediately after like the local broadcasts. Too bad. Watching the 20 minute version the next morning would be a great option, but no dice.

Yes, I've tried it, and using different methods. First, I just DVR'd it, and the language option didn't work. Then, I started the game, put on the English language feed, and recorded it from there, and that didn't work either. I use Optimum (piece of shit), FWIW. Other systems may work better.
Too bad. DirecTV similarly gives me no option to set what audio records,, but it seems to record them all and give me the option on playback.

Reactions: Albany_NYCFC
I think it counts under the 48 hours for a national broadcast and not immediately after like the local broadcasts. Too bad. Watching the 20 minute version the next morning would be a great option, but no dice.
You are right, the full game wont be available on MLS Live for 48 hours but the 20 minute condensed game in English will be available Saturday -- not sure how early.

You are right, the full game wont be available on MLS Live for 48 hours but the 20 minute condensed game in English will be available Saturday -- not sure how early.

I've noticed that typically the condensed version is available pretty quickly after if I use MLS Live on my iPad or iPhone, but not if I view on my computer. Randomly, it's been the other way around a few times. Worth checking across devices, if you have more than one available (I have an HDMI adaptor for iPad/iPhone that I can run into my monitor so I don't lose out when it's unavailable on my computer)

Reactions: Gotham Gator
48 hour blackout rule applies to condensed games as well. had to wait until 4 pm yesterday to watch condensed la vs seattle.

48 hour blackout rule applies to condensed games as well. had to wait until 4 pm yesterday to watch condensed la vs seattle.
Danger's advice is best. I watched the condensed game SEA-LA game during lunch yesterday while the full game was still locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.