Away - 08/05 Quakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danger's advice is best. I watched the condensed game SEA-LA game during lunch yesterday while the full game was still locked.
Thats great for you. I still was not able to watch at 2 pm. All of the NYCFC games on national tv I have had to wait 48 hours to watch the condensed game on the MLS Live App.

Thats great for you. I still was not able to watch at 2 pm. All of the NYCFC games on national tv I have had to wait 48 hours to watch the condensed game on the MLS Live App.

To clarify, were you trying to watch on a phone or tablet, or on a computer?

While everybody is throwing shade at Wondo (and getting their yuks in), he can still score in MLS. I think he's scored 9 out of the 23 goals that SJ has scored and the next highest goal scorer has 3.

Stop Wondo (for gods sake cover him at the back post) and you have a good chance at a result.

Reactions: adam
If Brillant didn't travel, as suspected by a tweet of his, and Mena is healthy, then we better see a Mena/Chanot partnership at CB. I'm terrified that Hernandez is going to be thrown a bone because of his SJ connection - much like the Kreis/Wingert birthday minutes. I'd really like to believe that Hernandez not getting any minutes at CB, in lieu of Mena, since his return from injury is an omen that he's permanently slid down the pecking order - it's just that his SJ history plays into a typical managerial brain fart decision. Gosh I hope not.

That said, I have no issue resting Brillant if that's what's happening - he's played non-stop and could use a short breather if Mena/Chanot is a complimentary pairing.

If Brillant didn't travel, as suspected by a tweet of his, and Mena is healthy, then we better see a Mena/Chanot partnership at CB. I'm terrified that Hernandez is going to be thrown a bone because of his SJ connection - much like the Kreis/Wingert birthday minutes. I'd really like to believe that Hernandez not getting any minutes at CB, in lieu of Mena, since his return from injury is an omen that he's permanently slid down the pecking order - it's just that his SJ history plays into a typical managerial brain fart decision. Gosh I hope not.

That said, I have no issue resting Brillant if that's what's happening - he's played non-stop and could use a short breather if Mena/Chanot is a complimentary pairing.

I think it's possible we see JH at RB if they want to limit Mata's min to work him back slowly. If that's the case I'd rather see Martinez on the left and Allen back on the right but PV seems to values consistency more and may stick with the JH RB and RJ LB formation he's been going with. Ideally if they come out that way JH goes off for Mata early in the 2nd half.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Game is on Saturday at 4am here in the UK

Was going to get up at 6am because I am going horse racing and we are meeting up at 8am. Looks like I will be getting up at 4am lol

Then again with the Olympics starting, I may not get to bed lol

Here is the injury report for New York City FC at San Jose Earthquakes:

New York City FC

• Connor Brandt - OUT
  • Shannon Gomez - OUT
  • Jefferson Mena - OUT
  • Ronald Matarrita - QUESTIONABLE
San Jose Earthquakes

• Bryan Meredith - OUT
  • Marc Pelosi - OUT
  • Clarence Goodson - OUT
  • Mark Sherrod - OUT
  • Kofi Sarkodie - OUT
==========
http://www.nycfc.com/post/2016/08/04/new-york-city-fc-san-jose-earthquakes-injury-report
==========

So, Mena's hamstring is serious enough that he is not going to play. I think that means we get the Maginot Line tomorrow night.

Also, Hey Matarrita! is questionable. I could be wrong, but I don't think any player listed as questionable has seen the pitch yet this season. I am a bit surprised. I saw him at the City Sendoff after the last game. He walked around and met everyone and seemed okay, with no limp and nothing on his ankle. Strange. If he doesn't play, that means Jason is probably at RB, with a small chance we see either White or Chanot there.

Here is the injury report for New York City FC at San Jose Earthquakes:

New York City FC

• Connor Brandt - OUT
  • Shannon Gomez - OUT
  • Jefferson Mena - OUT
  • Ronald Matarrita - QUESTIONABLE
San Jose Earthquakes

• Bryan Meredith - OUT
  • Marc Pelosi - OUT
  • Clarence Goodson - OUT
  • Mark Sherrod - OUT
  • Kofi Sarkodie - OUT
==========
http://www.nycfc.com/post/2016/08/04/new-york-city-fc-san-jose-earthquakes-injury-report
==========

So, Mena's hamstring is serious enough that he is not going to play. I think that means we get the Maginot Line tomorrow night.

Also, Hey Matarrita! is questionable. I could be wrong, but I don't think any player listed as questionable has seen the pitch yet this season. I am a bit surprised. I saw him at the City Sendoff after the last game. He walked around and met everyone and seemed okay, with no limp and nothing on his ankle. Strange. If he doesn't play, that means Jason is probably at RB, with a small chance we see either White or Chanot there.

Definitely RJ at LB and JH at RB. Keeping the status quo.

Reactions: sbrylski
This would be so much more effective! Martinez had a good showing last week. Its always better to play people in their natural positions
And Hernandez' somewhat steady play at RB was an outlier for that one game.

Reactions: Dreaming_NYC
Status
Not open for further replies.