Away - Chicago 03/06

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope in the new SSS we'll have some sort of package that includes booze. I spend $40-$50 at the game on beer usually and probably around that in the bars beforehand, if I could have access to a seating area that included drinks I'd gladly pay a premium.

This game works out perfectly time wise. I will be attending it then heading over to Midway or O'hare to return to the east coast for my final spring break :eek:

Not sure if you knew this or not, but there's a bus that runs express to/from the Midway Orange Line stop on match days, so that would probably be really convenient for you. I think the returns start about 30 minutes after the match ends.

Hey guys, I will be attending the match and will be in Chicago with a whole group of people from LI, staying in the Lincoln Park area of Chicago. Anyone getting there early Saturday and have an idea on a bar or place to go and meet up?? Maybe get some beers and Deep Dish "Pizza" that they have over in the Windy City.
I'm doing the same with about 6 of my friends, where in LI are you leaving from? We would totally love to meet up with some NYCFC fans before the game to chill with. Where you able to buy supporter section tickets yet?

N NdimaNYC We are all going to be flying out of JFK Saturday morning on JetBlue Airways Flight 905. There aren't any solid details yet, but I know some of the group may go to the Chicago Bulls game Saturday night. I figured to just go to a bar somewhere near the Air bnb/ hotel we will be at and enjoy the night. I'll let you and anyone else interested know closer to the trip, probably a few days before.

We were able to get tickets through the Third Rail, so yes I do have a ticket. However, I was retarded and couldn't sign in because I was using the wrong information at first.

N NdimaNYC We are all going to be flying out of JFK Saturday morning on JetBlue Airways Flight 905. There aren't any solid details yet, but I know some of the group may go to the Chicago Bulls game Saturday night. I figured to just go to a bar somewhere near the Air bnb/ hotel we will be at and enjoy the night. I'll let you and anyone else interested know closer to the trip, probably a few days before.

We were able to get tickets through the Third Rail, so yes I do have a ticket. However, I was retarded and couldn't sign in because I was using the wrong information at first.
I won't be able to go to the game this year, but am originally from the Chicago area. Let me know if you'd like any suggestions for places to go/eat/drink at all. I don't know the city terribly well as I grew up in the 'burbs, but have had my fair share of long and hazy nights downtown.

I won't be able to go to the game this year, but am originally from the Chicago area. Let me know if you'd like any suggestions for places to go/eat/drink at all. I don't know the city terribly well as I grew up in the 'burbs, but have had my fair share of long and hazy nights downtown.
If you know of any sports bars in the Lincoln Park area or just anywhere close to there, that would be awesome! Honestly just looking for a place that sin't too small so we can have a bunch of people meet up, have some brews, and hang out.

Reactions: Gene
For some reason the link provided on the third rail's site is not allowing me to buy tickets to the game....what section will the away support be sitting in?

Anybody been paying attention to the Fire's preseason form?

After initially being worried about what looks like a decent set of results, I watched some highlights and they're looking weak af in D and a little lucky up front here: http://www.chicago-fire.com/post/20...-fire-32-vancouver-whitecaps-fc?autoplay=true

They have full match video up on their site of anybody wants to do the video analysis to see how we might match up. Alternatively if PV is reading this and looking for an assistant, I'm ready.

Anybody been paying attention to the Fire's preseason form?

After initially being worried about what looks like a decent set of results, I watched some highlights and they're looking weak af in D and a little lucky up front here: http://www.chicago-fire.com/post/20...-fire-32-vancouver-whitecaps-fc?autoplay=true

They have full match video up on their site of anybody wants to do the video analysis to see how we might match up. Alternatively if PV is reading this and looking for an assistant, I'm ready.
I saw part of the Vancouver match. They scored on a few marginal penalties. Hard team to call - so much flux on their roster.

I saw part of the Vancouver match. They scored on a few marginal penalties. Hard team to call - so much flux on their roster.
Word. With our eagerness to play a high line and the offside trap and their pace up front, it's gonna be a helluva ride.

They seem to be having trouble defending crosses along the ground, which appears to be something we've been looking to do often. I'd say with Brillant and White we look a little more capable of getting back to snuff out attacks. We seem to be playing Shelton and Taylor up the left wing but I'd like to see us try Matarrita further up the pitch to see whether we can get more crosses in from the left before opposition defenses have a chance to pack the box. I'd stick with McNamara in a midfield three with Pirlo and Mix because he finds good spaces and works like a dog defensively. Maybe Lopez instead but I'm not yet as convinced of his ability to keep the ball, which is going to be crucial to avoid giving them too many opportunities to counter.

I'm predicting a lot of goals and a bajillion dodgy penalties in their favor, but I think we can edge this.

Reactions: Ulrich and JCMore
This is the perfect opponent for us to start our season with. They're probably slightly better than last year, but still not that great.

Can't see their attack really doing much against us unless Accam creates some individual magic. Without Harry Shipp I could see them struggling to move the ball through the middle as he was one of the best non-DP CMs in MLS.

I am super excited. Just a week away.

#mobilepost

To understate Chicago espacially on the road would be a major mistake. Truth is, they are in the same position as us. New coach, new players, at home, they will be extremely motivated, with a lot of confidence gained in preseason and on top of that they have Sean Johnson who I have seen steal games by himself over the years. I would be happy with a point.

To understate Chicago espacially on the road would be a major mistake. Truth is, they are in the same position as us. New coach, new players, at home, they will be extremely motivated, with a lot of confidence gained in preseason and on top of that they have Sean Johnson who I have seen steal games by himself over the years. I would be happy with a point.
Chicago is not in the same position as NYCFC. I was watching a lot of their game last night and (despite the score) they really did not look good. Portland had about 20 corners and so much possession. Chicago had 3 starters from last years team starting this year. They are learning a 5-3-2 . Their best player (Accam) is out. I like our new backline better than their new backline.

Its the MLS and you can't take any team lightly but we should be looking to grab the game by the throat and get the away win.

Status
Not open for further replies.