Away - Chicago 03/06

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and the bastards made it a Monday, too.
Oh FFS !!! It's going to really suck if this happens again next year! Or the year after! Or even the year after that!!!

Oh FFS !!! It's going to really suck if this happens again next year! Or the year after! Or even the year after that!!!
Well I guess if it happened every year it wouldn't be extra. And I guess we can thank Caesar Augustus for that; he wanted an extra day for "his" month and took it from February.

Reactions: S1ARK5
Not sure how this is possible or if the article is accurate but it sounds like Johnson may not start:
http://www.hottimeinoldtown.com/201...ally-sign-goossens-lampson-could-start-sunday

Seems totally crazy to keep a guy that talented on the bench but it works nicely in our favor.
They mentioned that Johnson could be traded - I'm sure it's all speculation, but a reasonable hypothesis if the guy is fit and not playing. IF he is on the block, then whichever team they're dealing with has probably said not to risk him to injury by playing.

Seems totally crazy to keep a guy that talented on the bench but it works nicely in our favor.

By all means, Chicago, sit your best keeper. Put the new guy up against a Barcelona striker, please. Seems absolutely nuts to me, but they've done crazier things already (Harry Shipp). I'm just sad we'll miss out on the face-of-the-week when Johnson gets smoked by Villa.

Reactions: gbservis
They mentioned that Johnson could be traded - I'm sure it's all speculation, but a reasonable hypothesis if the guy is fit and not playing. IF he is on the block, then whichever team they're dealing with has probably said not to risk him to injury by playing.
Is this how we are dealing with the extra international spot we currently need? Swap Eirik for Sean Johnson while we're visiting Chicago?

season is about to start and im coming down with a cold :(

Colds last 7-10 days..... you're good for the home opener. Plus, the cold virus cannot survive a daily onslaught of: Bourbon, Lemon, Honey, and boiling water. Fact.

was hoping to drink away this sunday at RD but now not so sure...with me it starts with sore throat then evolves into a cold....i do think ill be good for opener.

Not sure how this is possible or if the article is accurate but it sounds like Johnson may not start:
http://www.hottimeinoldtown.com/201...ally-sign-goossens-lampson-could-start-sunday

Wow if Sean Johnson is healthy and he doesn't start that would be a real head scratcher for me. He is a very good gk. Great athleticism, shot blocking ability and very good size. This tells me that paunovic really hasn't a clue or that he thinks he is some big shot European coach and can do as he pleases. Big mistake not starting Sean Johnson IMO. But it's good for us so I hope Sean is on the bench.

was hoping to drink away this sunday at RD but now not so sure...with me it starts with sore throat then evolves into a cold....i do think ill be good for opener.
Not trying to be your mother or wife, but if it was me, I'd stay home Sunday and watch on you TV since I gather you probably value being at the Home Opener and festive. If you're getting sick now, going to RD's and being around the motley bunch of vagabonds watching the game will only expose you to a plethora of other nasty cold-type stuff, and then you will have issues with the Toronto Game.

Reactions: S1ARK5
Is this how we are dealing with the extra international spot we currently need? Swap Eirik for Sean Johnson while we're visiting Chicago?
If Sean Johnson is on the trading block I would do pretty much anything to get him. To me he is second to Luis Robles in mls. Yes better then Bill Hamid IMO.

Reactions: Ulrich
Wow if Sean Johnson is healthy and he doesn't start that would be a real head scratcher for me. He is a very good gk. Great athleticism, shot blocking ability and very good size. This tells me that paunovic really hasn't a clue or that he thinks he is some big shot European coach and can do as he pleases. Big mistake not starting Sean Johnson IMO. But it's good for us so I hope Sean is on the bench.

If Paunovic follows the trading of Shipp with a benching and then possible trade of Johnson the fanbase is going to implode.

Reactions: NYCFCfan
Status
Not open for further replies.