Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
New England Revolution vs. New York City Football Club
Gillette Stadium
Saturday, September 29nd 5:00 PM ET
Fox Sports Go

The penultimate match of the regular season. In the previous meeting, NYCFC defeated New England 2-1 (up a man for 80 minutes, with a Jesus Medina brace and goals winning PK in the 90+6').

giphy.gif

Reactions: Christopher Jee
ok, so how many people are out for this game?

i believe taty, ring, chanot are all out due to yellow cards.

tinnerholm may still be under concussion protocol or just may need another game off.

parks may still be questionable or we may force him to rest to ensure he doesn't injure himself worse and lose him for the playoffs.

i believe taty, ring, chanot are all out due to yellow cards.

tinnerholm may still be under concussion protocol or just may need another game off.

parks may still be questionable or we may force him to rest to ensure he doesn't injure himself worse and lose him for the playoffs.

Haak time

Edit: i also not sure how comfortable i am with Heber playing on that turf. I think medina gets a start.

Taty, Ring, Chanot, Parks (probably), Tinnerholm (almost certainly), Sands

ETA: Mitri also seemed to have an abdominal problem when he came off, but it didn't seem too bad.

FULL ROTATION to prepare for philly.

honestly think even with half our team field with backups, we could still get at least a point in NE. our bench is deep.

honestly think even with half our team field with backups, we could still get at least a point in NE. our bench is deep.

that back line is still kinda suspect.

mata/ callens/ ibeagha/ Miller? im sure Sweat is considered somewhere in there too.

Dome has said a couple of times that there is no rotation at this stage of the season - it's about getting your best lineup as much time as possible playing with one another and developing familiarity.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Dome has said a couple of times that there is no rotation at this stage of the season - it's about getting your best lineup as much time as possible playing with one another and developing familiarity.

yes i know. but he doesn't have a choice this time is what I meant. we'll have potentially 6 players out (taty, ring, chanot, sands, tinnerholm, parks). that's half the fielded team.

that back line is still kinda suspect.

mata/ callens/ ibeagha/ Miller? im sure Sweat is considered somewhere in there too.

I agree. Gonna be interesting how he lines them up. I really, REALLY have no faith in Miller. Especially against a speedy NE attack. Miller vs. Bou .. is there really any question who wins? Based on Ibeagha's performance last night, I'd prefer to leave him at right back. But since Sweat and callens are both lefty, doubt either would be comfortable playing right side CB.

Scally for the win?

New England hosted RSL Saturday, and played in Portland last night. It looks like they rotated and only 4 players plus the goalie started both games. I think last night was closer to their best 11.

yes i know. but he doesn't have a choice this time is what I meant. we'll have potentially 6 players out (taty, ring, chanot, sands, tinnerholm, parks). that's half the fielded team.

I agree. Gonna be interesting how he lines them up. I really, REALLY have no faith in Miller. Especially against a speedy NE attack. Miller vs. Bou .. is there really any question who wins? Based on Ibeagha's performance last night, I'd prefer to leave him at right back. But since Sweat and callens are both lefty, doubt either would be comfortable playing right side CB.

Scally for the win?
Ah I guess I figured "rotation" is what you do when you are trying to keep people fresh. Didn't know it refers to plugging in absences.

Reactions: moogoo
Was really hoping this match wouldn't matter. But it does and Chanot, Ring, and Taty are all out for it. Only one in danger is Johnson, who can't earn a reduction this match, so following that doesn't matter anymore.

Screenshot 2019-09-26 11.17.32.png

So here we go:
Ring - Suspended
Chanot - Suspended
Taty - Suspended
Tin - Concussion Q
Sands - Collarbone Q
Parks - lower body injury Q

Was really hoping this match wouldn't matter. But it does and Chanot, Ring, and Taty are all out for it. Only one in danger is Johnson, who can't earn a reduction this match, so following that doesn't matter anymore.

View attachment 10296

So here we go:
Ring - Suspended
Chanot - Suspended
Taty - Suspended
Tin - Concussion Q
Sands - Collarbone Q
Parks - lower body injury Q

Chanot and Ring were both suspended vs. Colorado and we won (playing up a man for a long stretch of the match). That being said our backline consisted of Seb-Sands-Callens. It will be lineup and formation this time around.

Reactions: adam
I'd rather play our scrubs and kids, lose this game, suffer no key injuries on that fucking turf, and see if Columbus can do it for us :)

Mitri - Maxi - Isi
Mata - Ofori - Rocha - Medina
Sweat - Callens - Ibi

ETA: I'd have Heber still coming back slowly. Though I can see Dome starting him with a planned 60 in mind. That would push Medina out and Isi to the RWB.

I'd rather play our scrubs and kids, lose this game, suffer no key injuries on that fucking turf, and see if Columbus can do it for us :)

Our "scrubs" and kids make up a pretty darn good MLS team.

Reactions: Sabo and Kenny
Mitri - Maxi - Isi
Mata - Ofori - Rocha - Medina
Sweat - Callens - Ibi

ETA: I'd have Heber still coming back slowly. Though I can see Dome starting him with a planned 60 in mind. That would push Medina out and Isi to the RWB.
I'm thinking the same thing re: Heber, especially with that turf.

Status
Not open for further replies.