Away - Whitecaps 09/26

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Vancouver's talent at the counter attack, we need to make sure our FBs are staying home on Saturday. Since Wingert is out, that means that Angelino needs to be discliplined.

I've been looking at that report over the course of the season, and it seems like they just show who didn't play last week and call them out. The "slightly more accurate" report comes out later in the week.
Tell that to the dopes <cough>me<cough> who've been basing their Fantasy Team lineups on those reports.

Reactions: Goodfella
With Vancouver's talent at the counter attack, we need to make sure our FBs are staying home on Saturday. Since Wingert is out, that means that Angelino needs to be discliplined.
As much as I am excited about Angelino, I'm not sure he can reign it in to play defense.

Also, I wonder how Pirlo, Villa, Lamps etc will play on turf in BC.

Just some info:

According to the injury report on mlssoccer.com, Iraola has already been ruled out for Saturday night and Pedro Morales is on Vancouver's list with an undisclosed injury.

Then again, it's not like that particular source is 100% reliable. :rolleyes:

Over here they have a site called Physio room, shows who's injured and the cause and term out.
Maybe I've just found a niche. Www.mls_sickbed.com

I think Mena plays in place of Wingert. Hopefully Kreis doesn't mess with the formula from the last two games.

Maybe athletic enough, but his on the ball skills are very rough. Feels like a stretch.

That's why I'd put him out there. Jason and Shay are a good combo in the middle. Don't want to upset that against this very good Whitecaps team. Put Mena outside and hope he holds his own.

Was wondering about this last game. Is he hurt? Wasn't even on the bench for the San Jose game, unsure about Toronto.
I believe LionNYC LionNYC won a chance to go to the press conference and said he saw TMac and said he was NOT injured. There seems that there might be something to this.

I believe LionNYC LionNYC won a chance to go to the press conference and said he saw TMac and said he was NOT injured. There seems that there might be something to this.
So the kid who worked harder on the field all year save for maybe Mix doesn't want to be there? Doubtful. I think its more likely that they are monitoring his minutes at the end of the season based on the facts that he's basically a rookie coming off of major knee surgery (only played 5 games last year due to the ACL) who looked noticeably tired in the games against LA and Columbus. Throw in the facts that NYC has won the last two games combined with the resurgence of Ned and it gives Kreis the luxury of resting a young guy like McNamara. I would hate to think that the conspiracy theorists are right and that TMac has just fallen out of favor with the coaches because he has been such a productive guy for NYC when he's been on the pitch.

He may be out of favor, or it may be for the reasons that Max cleverly suggest. It cannot be because of his attitude, because he's been an incredibly hard worker.
Agreed Gator. That was my point although you said it much more succinctly than I did. Its kind of the same thinking behind why I could not believe the suggestions that Kreis didn't like Mix. Maybe he doesn't rate Mix as highly as I or some of the other fans do, but you just can't ever question his work rate or effort. Same goes for TMac. That's why I just don't think the "doesn't want to be here" comments could ever apply to those two guys.

Agreed Gator. That was my point although you said it much more succinctly than I did. Its kind of the same thinking behind why I could not believe the suggestions that Kreis didn't like Mix. Maybe he doesn't rate Mix as highly as I or some of the other fans do, but you just can't ever question his work rate or effort. Same goes for TMac. That's why I just don't think the "doesn't want to be here" comments could ever apply to those two guys.
Kreis I believe did say something along the lines that Tommy will be here a long long time after the San Jose game when he was asked why he wasn't on the bench. It could be a lot of things. Conspiracy Theory Alert: He might have been with Seba when he got into trouble and is now being punished. We have no idea but something is certainly going on whether it's punishment, rest, or something completely else.

I have a strange time believing that TM doesn't want to "be here". He's played pretty well for us, and is playing for his "hometown" team. Has to be that JK wants a more athletic and all-around midfield on the wings.

Reactions: Paul and Max Power
Status
Not open for further replies.