Breaking Down Nycfc Ticket Sales/stadium/potential Success

Interesting in that I never realized the deal Atlanta is giving their fans as far as the deposits go. In other words any ticket numbers Atlanta releases is virtually useless. I guess before anybody spluges over tickets Atlanta sells should get back to us when they actually have to start paying for them.

I
Interesting in that I never realized the deal Atlanta is giving their fans as far as the deposits go. In other words any ticket numbers Atlanta releases is virtually useless. I guess before anybody spluges over tickets Atlanta sells should get back to us when they actually have to start paying for them.
I've been damn near persecuted for saying this on other forums. And I've been pro-ATL since the announcement. But look at it, up to 8 seats PER 50$ FULLY REFUNDABLE deposit. In this day and age
You aren't seen as a success unless you are breaking records. Also, it's vert relevant to mention that Terminus Legion has a goddamned marketing consultant. So if you get your entire Supporters Group to tentatively commit (because that's what they are doing) to season passes, of course they are gonna have unbelievable numbers.

Also, it doesn't even need to be said (or does it) but these passes are for 3 years from now. Termins Legion is using the NYC FC and OSC hype to maxmize their exposure. And you know what? Good on them. It's a brilliant strategy and it's got the whole MLS community talking.

In the end the hype will bite them on the ass, but they've got 3 years to figure out how to get (tangible) asses in those seats.

Reactions: Samuel Youn
If people show up in droves for an Atlanta-based pro team in Atlanta, it'll be the first time it's ever happened. Atlanta's playing games. NYCFC has to actually sell real tickets for real money. This refundable deposit for games 3 yrs from now is bogus.

Reactions: einwindir
Disingenuous is a word that immediately comes to mind, but you're right when you say good for them. They're doing what it takes to get that buzz going and it seems to be working.

I support Atlanta too, so I hope this doesn't come back to embarrass them or MLS.

What are you going to do? Let's see what happens when the actual invoices start going out in a few years.

Atlanta has been given the green light for expansion without having to commit to building a soccer specific stadium (their new stadium is "multipurpose"). Meanwhile Orlando and NYCFC have been going through a lot of red tape to get a stadium going.

They are probably feeling the pressure to show the MLS that they have the demand to fill the seats of a NFL stadium. Either way they have 3 years to get it right so I am sure they'll put it together somehow.

I saw those numbers and I was surprised. It didn't make sense since Atlanta has a bad reputation in terms of fan support. Once that extra detail was announced it made more sense. It's funny that our good friends in NJ and LI are pushing that misinformation as fact to discredit us. They'll look foolish next year.

I saw those numbers and I was surprised. It didn't make sense since Atlanta has a bad reputation in terms of fan support. Once that extra detail was announced it made more sense. It's funny that our good friends in NJ and LI are pushing that misinformation as fact to discredit us. They'll look foolish next year.

At this point, wouldn't the Atlanta numbers outstrip the Red Bulls season ticket sales? Why are they getting haughty?

I think once pricing and plans are put in place more people will start to put money towards a deposit. Let's face it, season tickets are for people with enough disposable income to make it happen. Not to mention a sizable time commitment. As time goes by they will start selling. The stadium thing does hurt the team in the short term though, there's no question about that.

Reactions: Gene
I think once pricing and plans are put in place more people will start to put money towards a deposit. Let's face it, season tickets are for people with enough disposable income to make it happen. Not to mention a sizable time commitment. As time goes by they will start selling. The stadium thing does hurt the team in the short term though, there's no question about that.
I feel like a lot of people will buy single game tickets also so even if we would want the most season tickets possible to be sold, I believe single game tickets sales will be strong too.

Reactions: Gene
I agree.

For me personally it's not the money. I mean if supporters tickets are going to be in the $20 to $25 range, then imo $340-$425 for a 17 game home season is a steal. It's the time commitment (among other reasons) that kept me from getting a season ticket.

Absolutely. Season tickets are a huge expense for most people/families and people aren't going to be putting down deposits until they're sure they can afford it.

If people show up in droves for an Atlanta-based pro team in Atlanta, it'll be the first time it's ever happened. Atlanta's playing games. NYCFC has to actually sell real tickets for real money. This refundable deposit for games 3 yrs from now is bogus.

You mean the second time. The Arthur Blank owned Atlanta Falcons would be the first. But you are right about one thing. The Atlanta season ticket base # is bogus. By the time they start playing in 2017 it will much more than the 10k they're reporting.

You mean the second time. The Arthur Blank owned Atlanta Falcons would be the first. But you are right about one thing. The Atlanta season ticket base # is bogus. By the time they start playing in 2017 it will much more than the 10k they're reporting.

Atlanta is lame. They don't care about sports down there... They can't fill playoff games.

Look at the Falcons attendance numbers though. In the NFL, they're not leaders. There are many stadiums in the NFL that teams fear going because of the certainty of a packed house of rabid fans. The Georgia Dome has never made that list.

As Cosmos are finding out this season New Yorkers will not flock to buy tickets to a team with a name alone... Give me a couple of DP´s at least :cool: