British To Amercian Soccer Vocabulary /parody

before the season start, all you americans better learn the definition of BANTER
In the us it's call talking shit, banter is always meant to be romantic here. So no we will not have banter with any other team but we talk shit.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
So uncreative, colour me a ***** but I'd save football in the US from becoming as unoriginal as uhm... that other football.
Save the creativity for the shit talking and you can always banter with the girl who's pants you want into. We don't need to save Soccer form being anything, Soccer in every country is different and we will continue to grow the sport here in our way.

Last edited:
Fair enough, and a great point.

But do allow me the freedom to call it football.
Feel free, but a lot of us are going to call it soccer, and maybe tease or poke a bit of fun at the "football" term.

So uncreative, colour me a ***** but I'd save football in the US from becoming as unoriginal as uhm... that other football.
Ok
71SCXI-MHWL.jpg

Reactions: LostAnvil and Blue
I swear to god you edited that.
Dude it's cool if that's your thing no one here will judge, but that being said this thread we are making fun of the British terms and why we don't use them here. This is pretty the talk shit thread.

Don't know if I can explain this right, but one thing I noticed about how Brits talk on message boards is that they switch the order of the noun to the end of the sentence. I'll give an example. We would say "Lampard is a great player." They would say something along the lines of "Great player that, Lampard" Don't know why its like that. Is that actually something or am I crazy?

Don't know if I can explain this right, but one thing I noticed about how Brits talk on message boards is that they switch the order of the noun to the end of the sentence. I'll give an example. We would say "Lampard is a great player." They would say something along the lines of "Great player that, Lampard" Don't know why its like that. Is that actually something or am I crazy?

Eh, it happens occasionally but it's not exactly how we usually talk. It usually happens if we're trying to be curt and to put particular emphasis on the quality of the player, then maybe. It's all just in how the subtle implications of a sentence can change when you phrase things in different ways. But normally, we would just use the regular sentence structure.

Are those actual teams? What show is that?
Yeah all three are professional teams Boston at the time were probably Division 2 (level 4 although now Conference North, level 6), Wycombe were also Division 2 and still are. I saw MCFC lose there in '98 in a league match. Brighton are usually around Championship level (level 2) and sacked manager Sami Hyypia the old Liverpool defender not too long.

The show is SOCCER AM. I think it is still running but its great days were 10 years ago.

Yeah, never believe the bullshit that English never use the word Soccer. It has been used interchangeable for last 100 years.

"Soccer" is mainly used by the media though. You would never have a conversation with a friend and say "did you watch the soccer game last night?" They'd look at you as if you were an alien.