Capacity Ys At 27.470 For Nycfc

Fabio

Registered
Mar 20, 2014
Napoli ( Italia )
I have had the confirmation by the NYCFC Fan Services that the capacity of the YS for the most of the games will be 27.000 and not 33.444 to have a best atmosphere. I hope that at least vs NJ Red Bulls, Seattle Sounders and LA Galaxy the NYCFC fans will fill the 50k stadium !!!!

Reactions: einwindir
Was this through twitter? It's encouraging to hear. Any idea whether the unused sections will be covered?

and the section directly to the left and right of the mohegan sun grill in center field

I think we have to get used to the fact that we won't have a good soccer atmosphere until we get our stadium built.

But this was mentioned months ago I think.. But good to have it confirmed

I think we have to get used to the fact that we won't have a good soccer atmosphere until we get our stadium built.
Or at least be happy that NYCFC's situation is better than Revs or Chivas. Or Miami.

I have had another confirmation by the NYCFC Fan Service that the capacity will be 27,000:

Dan: Welcome to our real-time support chat. How can I help you today?
Fabio: First of all absolutely compliments for the over 10,000 season tickets already sold !!!! I have a important question : I have noted that it exists a great confusion about the official capacity of the Yankee Stadium for the NYCFC games : will be it 27,000 or 33,444 ? Thank you for the reply and go NYCFC from Napoli ( Italy ) !!!
Dan: Thank you.
We have the ability to expand seating to the full capacity of Yankee Stadium, which is around 50,000.
Fabio: Yes, I know it. But what will be the capacity for most games of our fantastic team : 27,000 or 33,444 ?
Dan: Closer to 27,000
Fabio: And if the season tickets sold will be 22,000 or even more ?
Is it right to say that the full capaciti there will be at least in these games : NYCFC - NJRB, NYCFC - Sounders, NYCFC - Galaxy and NYCFC - Orlando ?
Can the NYCFC to guarantee us fans that the soccer stadium will be 100% in NYC ? You don't forget that this is New York CITY FC.............
When there will be official news about the soccer stadium ? Thank you for the reply.
Dan: Apologies for the delayed response.
Our goal is to find a location within the 5 boroughs for our soccer-specific stadium.

Last edited:
That's encouraging - really no need to have more than that, and nothing worse than the appearance of empty seats because the stadium's too big.

My guess is that they will end up increasing it. Right now almost half the stadium is made up of season ticket holders.

My guess is that they will end up increasing it. Right now almost half the stadium is made up of season ticket holders.
If they do it would probably only be for the opener or derby games. A hot commodity doesn't mean a thing if your market is over saturated. Plus those upper tier tickets would be so low in price that I can't imagine it would even be worth it for YS. There's no way they could charge more for tier 3 than they already do for tier 2....and there's no way anyone would pay the same amount for both.

And the real kick in the nuts is some of those seats in the 400 level down the 3rd base line would be some of the best seats in the house.

Found a picture from Section 405. Even better than anything on the other side of the building.

bschulk5-20120717185314.jpg

I agree I like the upper seats for soccer. Much like seattle they might open it for the big games, such as derby games, playoffs, opening day, etc.

I sat at the 400 level for the MCFC/LFC game earlier this year, and they were decent seats. And the atmosphere was amazing.

Pernetti said that if the number of season tickets will continue to grow the NYCFC will expand the capacity of the YS for soccer games.
Pernetti also said the number of season tickets has increased to 11,000 and continues to grow, which could impact how many seats are utilized for NYCFC matches.
“The beauty of our relationship with the Yankees and Yankee Stadium is that we’ll have the ability to scale the building in a variety of different ways, whether we want to scale smaller or larger than people would expect,” Pernetti said.

Therefore the capacity could be 33.444 or even more. To buy the season tickets, please.