Celebrities You Want To See Support This Team?

This is NY! No one's English is too bad. You probably wouldn't see him on any talk shows though. Aside from maybe Beckham I don't think there's ever been a doccer player on a popular talk show. When we sign Mix Diserud he'll def be a contender for the publicity tours.

Henry has been on there a couple of times. But your prob right. If we sign lampard though...maybe. Wonder if fallon would bring up his drunken 9/11 coments if that does happen.

Usually it's a way to make yourself sound like you're on some tier above the 'little people' who actually have time for such minor things like celebrities.

I'm as absent minded as they come in terms of popular culture, but I know who Miley Cyrus is. I don't go apeshit over celebrities, but it'd still be cool to see someone famous supporting your club because it will always attract new people to the team. Imagine what it could do for the club's popularity if omeone like Justin Timberlake or Jimmy Fallon came out and said "Hey! Checkout NYC FC!".
I don't think he was serious with that comment. Just illustrating her importance in his life, AKA he doesn't give 2 shots about her (or any other celebs for that matter)

I thought I didn't care about celebrity fans but then I realized how fun it was to see Kevin Connolly work NYI stuff into Entourage. I don't think it increased Islander fandom, but for this fan it was fun. I suppose if someone like Fallon followed NYCFC in a visible fashion it would raise awareness, anyway. Does he even like the sport?

Reactions: DiRoma
I thought I didn't care about celebrity fans but then I realized how fun it was to see Kevin Connolly work NYI stuff into Entourage. I don't think it increased Islander fandom, but for this fan it was fun. I suppose if someone like Fallon followed NYCFC in a visible fashion it would raise awareness, anyway. Does he even like the sport?
Doubt it. Neither do any of the comedians I listed in my OP which is what would make it that much cooler.

Yea I remember seeing him play that with Colin Farrell.
I expect all the talk show hosts to have lame opening monologues about the World Cup.
The only one I look forward to is Craig Ferguson's.

Im not much of a celeb follower either, but other teams have celebs that follow them. Does it help the teams publicity? Maybe not that much. But there are some celebs who can kind of get our name out there.

I mean seattle has drew carrey! And look how they are doing ;)
That's a little different. He is a minority share owner of the Sounders.

Usually it's a way to make yourself sound like you're on some tier above the 'little people' who actually have time for such minor things like celebrities.

I'm as absent minded as they come in terms of popular culture, but I know who Miley Cyrus is. I don't go apeshit over celebrities, but it'd still be cool to see someone famous supporting your club because it will always attract new people to the team. Imagine what it could do for the club's popularity if omeone like Justin Timberlake or Jimmy Fallon came out and said "Hey! Checkout NYC FC!".
No I had no idea who that was. I vaguely know who Miley Cyrus is due to The Soup but had no idea that was her. And with regard to placing myself in a "higher tier" by not knowing who that was? I am already there but for other reasons einwindir.

560.trump.jc.102412.jpeg

Think fallon and John Stewart are both fans of the game. Wouldn't mind say the two Rock legends in my Avatar coming over in the summer to catch a game while Manchester City aren't playing. Don't know if she likes football but Emmy Rossum of Shameless is a big Knicks/Mets fan not bad to look at if she were in the stands.

Reactions: BlueWarrior
Liam & Noel Gallagher? ;) lol

They are man city fans so maybe.

Just found this out- justin timberlake is a man united fan. Samuel L Mother F****** Jackson is a liverpool fan.
89046970_display_image.jpg

How bad a$$ would this look with him holding our jersey? Even with those pink glasses he is rocking.

10-Tom Cruise
9-Ricky Martin
8-Liam Gallagher
7-NPH
6-Tina Fey
5-Steve Buscemi
4-Daniel Radcliffe
3-Kevin James
2-Patrick Stewart
1-Hugh Jackman

I went with celebs I know who have a place in NYC, no real factors, some because I know they are sports fans, others because I know they are soccer fans and others just because they would give the team some buzz and others, because it would just be cool to see them at a game....Kelly Ripa was left off, since she goes to Red Bulls games. LOL