Chicago (Home) - Postmatch

Well, the call was offside, so that's probably why - i.e. the play was dead. On the other hand, the whistle didn't blow until after the ball was in the net, so who knows?
Who cares when the whistle blew, or more importantly was heard - for all we know it also blew before and the attacker played it hence why he played it with his hand - because all goals are reviewed and the review would show that the flag went up before the hand, so that’d be the reason to disallow the goal.

She was announced. You were probably drinking champagne still in private club :)

There was booing over by me

It's difficult sitting Pitchside so you have no view of the jumbotron and don't know what's going on the far side of the field near home plate/tunnel unless you turn around or hear it from the PA announcer. I was probably talking to Dome pregame so I missed it. It's his daughter's birthday today!

It's difficult sitting Pitchside so you have no view of the jumbotron and don't know what's going on the far side of the field near home plate/tunnel unless you turn around or hear it from the PA announcer. I was probably talking to Dome pregame so I missed it. It's his daughter's birthday today!

My son deadpan looked at me in the first half and goes “I like my other seat better”

This is after he ate a pound of shrimp and two king crab legs.

My son deadpan looked at me in the first half and goes “I like my other seat better”

He liked his regular seat better. He loves the new meal more. You’re now on the hook for the food upgrade.

Reactions: Kjbert

Yes, you own two sets of tickets and use one to sit in and the other to eat with.

I think they still sell Legends Passes (for the dining room) for people with Cat 1 or 2 seats. I bet if you call up the front office, they would sell it to you regardless. They just want to make money.

https://www.nycfc.com/new-2018

Yes, you own two sets of tickets and use one to sit in and the other to eat with.

I’m dumb so help me.

I have 3 seats. I attend most matches now but usually only use 2 of the seats.

You’re saying next season I should do something different?

I think they still sell Legends Passes for people with Cat 1 seats. I bet if you call up the front office, they would sell it to you regardless. They just want to make money.

Ok. I like that.

I’m dumb so help me.

I have 3 seats. I attend most matches now but usually only use 2 of the seats.

You’re saying next season I should do something different?
It was a joke - purchase seats you like to watch a match from, and purchase seats that include a Legends food pass to use (those seats go unused).

Obviously LionNYC LionNYC ’s suggestion of purchasing a stand-alone Legends food pass is a more economic way to go (if still offered as an alacarte purchase) rather than wasting seats because they have the wrong/not enjoyable view.

Moralez has been terrible in terms of trying to score...

1. Missed a 1 v 1 with the goalkeeper vs. Orlando that would have put NYCFC up 3-1 (game ended 2-2)
2. Saved shot vs. LAFC to put NYCFC up 2-1 (game ended 2-2)
3. Missed PK vs. DC
4. Shot saved by Ousted vs. Chicago
5. PK saved by Ousted vs. Chicago

He has attempted six shots on goal this season on 11 shots, none of which has scored.

2017: 26 SOG, 72 Shots, 8 Goals
2016: 17 SOG, 44 Shots, 5 Goals

Obviously Maxi isn't supposed to produce goals for NYCFC, but he's having a poor season of late with them.

On the other hand, he has 3 assists through 6 games played. (16A in 2018 on 32 GP, 9A in 2017 on 29 GP).

1. Missed a 1 v 1 with the goalkeeper vs. Orlando that would have put NYCFC up 3-1
2. Missed PK vs. DC
3. Shot saved by Ousted vs. Chicago
4. PK saved by Ousted vs. Chicago

He has attempted six shots on goal this season on 11 shots, none of which has scored.

Obviously Maxi isn't supposed to produce goals for NYCFC, but he's having a poor season of late with them.

On the other hand, he has 3 assists through 6 games played. (16A in 2018 on 32 GP, 9A in 2017 on 29 GP).

I was surprised at the number of posters who projected 10+ goals from Maxi this season.

1. Missed a 1 v 1 with the goalkeeper vs. Orlando that would have put NYCFC up 3-1 (game ended 2-2)
2. Saved shot vs. LAFC to put NYCFC up 2-1 (game ended 2-2)
3. Missed PK vs. DC
4. Shot saved by Ousted vs. Chicago
5. PK saved by Ousted vs. Chicago

Before last year, Maxi averaged about 1.33 shots per game and one goal for every 10-11 shots over his career. Last year he took 2.2 shots per game and made 1 in 9. The increase in shots had the bigger effect, and there's a good chance the higher success rate was due to chance and not repeatable. Going 11 shots without a goal is not unusual for someone with that record, but there is also little reason to think we will see him repeat 2018 ever again.

Who cares when the whistle blew, or more importantly was heard - for all we know it also blew before and the attacker played it hence why he played it with his hand - because all goals are reviewed and the review would show that the flag went up before the hand, so that’d be the reason to disallow the goal.
Well, when the whistle blew is definitely important as if Nikolic played the ball with his hand before the whistle blew, then he is intentionally batting it into the goal and that has to be a card. I don't see what the goal review has to do with anything.

Reactions: Paul and mgarbowski